PDA

View Full Version : **New** Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30

Pages : [1] 2

EatFresh
01-09-05, 01:12 PM
Brand new movies from ces... check em out here

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/676/676418/vids_1.html.

WOW :eek:

Mr_LoL
01-09-05, 01:52 PM
:drooling:
does it by any chance use the doom 3 engine?

EatFresh
01-09-05, 03:28 PM
:drooling:
does it by any chance use the doom 3 engine?

They havent released that info yet, but the rumor is that the engine is a custom built one from unreal 2.

circuitbreaker8
01-09-05, 03:45 PM
Looks good...:D The real question is, would it be better than CoD? I hope it has blood, WWII games w/o blood and gore blow!

LiquidX
01-09-05, 04:02 PM
Looks good...:D The real question is, would it be better than CoD? I hope it has blood, WWII games w/o blood and gore blow!

It's very graphic compared to most other WWII games. They went all out.

Mr_LoL
01-09-05, 04:14 PM
some of these war games like medal of honour are getting tedious and repetitive though. there are so many out. hopefully this one has some unique features :)

EatFresh
01-09-05, 04:17 PM

There's no question about it being better than cod. Man you are in for a very plesant suprise. This game is completely uncensored. I suggest you watch these two vids...

First, the official trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=2871&type=wmv

After that drops your jaw, check out this "authenticity" video which explains exactly how far they went to create this game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=4280&type=wmv
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

anzak
01-09-05, 04:49 PM
One major turn off (in my opinion) is that its developed by gearbox software. Gearbox has never released a good game IMO. Oh wait, they have never released a game of their own. They have made countless crappy ports from console to PC and vice versa. Halo on PC is a good example.

holmes
01-09-05, 05:12 PM
no .avi links? :confused:

EatFresh
01-09-05, 05:25 PM
One major turn off (in my opinion) is that its developed by gearbox software. Gearbox has never released a good game IMO. Oh wait, they have never released a game of their own. They have made countless crappy ports from console to PC and vice versa. Halo on PC is a good example.

That's going to change very soon :)

Mr_LoL
01-09-05, 06:04 PM
oi eatfresh whens it coming out?

EatFresh
01-09-05, 06:33 PM
oi eatfresh whens it coming out?
No official date yet, but probably within a month or 2, and a demo is due out a few weeks before retail. Expect a Gold announcement soon. :D

FierceDeityLink
01-09-05, 06:36 PM
Isn't Team Fortress 2 subtitled "Brothers in Arms"?

EatFresh
01-09-05, 06:41 PM
Isn't Team Fortress 2 subtitled "Brothers in Arms"?

Brotherhood Of Arms, actually.

Mr_LoL
01-10-05, 10:07 AM
No official date yet, but probably within a month or 2, and a demo is due out a few weeks before retail. Expect a Gold announcement soon. :D

:D

holmes
01-10-05, 12:47 PM
ok.. after eventually booting windows I checked out the trailer. This game looks like it's going to be an amazing ride! I can't wait..
:D

nVidi0t
01-10-05, 01:49 PM
I just hope it doesn't have the "TOMMY, GET ON THAT .30 CAL!!!!111111" (proceed to blow hundreds of dumb enemies running into the line of fire away for 10 minutes) moments.

aAv7
01-10-05, 02:18 PM

I feel you there! I was thinking the same thing myself....hopefully it stays this nice, I'd hate to see them pull a s.t.a.l.k.e.r and delay it (literally) six times while gradually making it look worse in the process. :thumbdwn:

Whens this due out? Might have to pick it up. Just a bit weary of ww2 shooters after that horrible expeirence with moh :pa

GamerGuyX
01-10-05, 02:27 PM
EatFresh you don't by any chance work for Gearbox do you? :hmmm:

Ninjaman09
01-10-05, 03:12 PM
I think it's fairly obvious. How underhanded. Oh well, I'm getting it anyway.

stncttr908
01-10-05, 04:52 PM
I just hope it doesn't have the "TOMMY, GET ON THAT .30 CAL!!!!111111" (proceed to blow hundreds of dumb enemies running into the line of fire away for 10 minutes) moments.
Not too familiar with Japanese banzai charge tactics are you? (fart)

EatFresh
01-10-05, 05:52 PM

No, but i do hope to be a game designer one day.. I'm just excited about this game, and i like sharing what info i find with people who i think will appreciate it. :)

Sorrow
01-10-05, 07:02 PM
I was looking at some SSes in PCG the other day, and the game didn't look THAT great when it wasn't in motion, the buildings looked pretty old school and the weapons didn't look any better than BF Vietnam

circuitbreaker8
01-10-05, 07:38 PM
Wow, finally a good ( looking ) WWII shooter with blood and gore :D :D :D

nVidi0t
01-10-05, 11:59 PM
Not too familiar with Japanese banzai charge tactics are you? (fart)

Not just in Pacific Assault, both Call of Duty and especially United Offensive. I really dont think the Germans used those tactics, unless it's some form of suicidal blitzkrieg.