PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek or gainward?

rohit
01-10-05, 04:34 AM
i got a word from mi dealer that mi MSi card will come on feb 11th. & if i dont want to wait till that long then he is ready to gimme the leadtek a400GT or gainward 6800GT or xfx 6800Gtwithin 4 days.
donno wot to do.
should i wait or get the leadtek/gainward card?
:(

Scott@Bjorn3D
01-10-05, 04:41 AM
I have had good luck with my Leadtek cards. Only bad one was the one that UPS mangled the box.

MUYA
01-10-05, 04:45 AM
Leadtek use their own cooling solution which run quietly..and I mean quietly..but as a result the GPU runs a lil hotter than XF's reference un-inspired cooling solution which is noisier. The next question would be the bundle, Leadtek bundles, Prince of Persia -Sands of Time and Splinter Cell - Pandora Tommorow...dunno about XFX

BladeRunner
01-10-05, 04:50 AM
I've had 4 cards made by Leadtek so far one an A400GT and all were fine no problems. The only minor annoying thing is the ugly Leadtek bios screen on boot up, but it only shows for a second or two while it checks the card ram (If you move your PC about alot and bang it around the heavy copper cooler could be an issue;)

rohit
01-10-05, 05:01 AM
1st of all, i wont get xfx, not even by mistake.
2ndly, The card should be of good quality & The card should run cool. Thats wat i want. iam not looking for a great bundle, i hav almost all the games i play.
3rdly, ive seen great reviews of the leadtek card. Temps being a lil highr.

i jus want a good 68GT, i am away from the Gt from last 3 months :'(, and mi ti4200 is annoying now.

Thank u all for replying, i am jus worried about the temps and quality of the card.

MUYA
01-10-05, 05:03 AM
Gainwards? Hmm they are about to be taken over by some otehr graphic company so I dunno on that front.

rohit
01-10-05, 05:12 AM
Ya, gainward is being taken over by PALIT. i read about that on "The-Inquirer".
the gainward card is not "golden-sample", so i dont wanna go for it.
here onli 3 brand cards are available XFX mainly, Gainward & asus (only radeons & 6800 GE). Also ennyah digicolor.
Mi dealer had got a few cards from bangkok, mi MSi was one of 'em, got spoilt. rma is gonna take time.
so he offered me these.

BladeRunner
01-10-05, 05:15 AM
Something I meant to try on the leadteks was remove the fan grill I think that restricts the airflow quite a bit. Will try this on my PCI-E's tonight if I get the time. Quality is a subjective thing really but I've seen nothing that points to this being anything but "good" with the Leadtek's.

Their cooler may not be the best design, but at least they are trying rather than just slapping the default item on their 6800GT's :)

Fahim
01-10-05, 08:00 AM
If the Gainward is not a GS, don't buy it. Buy the Leadtek if you wish, but i'd wait for MSI 6800 GT in your case.

rohit
01-10-05, 10:21 AM
ive been waiting for MSi since november, n i wont get it before feb 11 - feb 15th.

SH64
01-10-05, 10:29 AM
How did your MSI 6800GT die ?

Lfctony
01-10-05, 10:33 AM
Palit is buying GW? Thought GW was much bigger. Anyway, I'd go with the Leadtek card.

Fahim
01-10-05, 09:40 PM
Thats too much time. Go for the Leadtek then.

$n][pErMan
01-10-05, 09:43 PM
the gainward card is not "golden-sample", so i dont wanna go for it.
Ahhh ... and I was just about to type if it was "golden sample" go for it. Love mine! In that case ... id say go for he leadtek

rohit
01-10-05, 11:36 PM
mi Msi card, one day, after playin this MMORPg called RAGNAROK for 2 -3 hrs, i got a notifier of an email. so i quit teh game, opened hotmail, as the page loaded, WHite Horizontal and vertical lines appeared on the screen. on hitting refresh on desktop, the lines went away and Equidistant WHite DOTS appeared all over the screen.

i restarted the comp, and windows wuld crash just after ScanDIsk, and after i uninstalled the drivers from safemode, the card ran fine (without drivers). after 3 days (i reseated card, did all possible things...) white dots started appearing even on startup.

i googled a bit and found out that mi cards MEMORY had got curropted. :'(
since then its on rma.

jAkUp
01-11-05, 12:09 AM
Leadtek!