PDA

View Full Version : pixel corruption with WoW Full Glow Effect.

feeyo
01-10-05, 08:13 PM
Hi, I have a Asus Geforce 6800 Ultra and playing World of Warcraft with my AA on 2xQ and AF on 16x, enabling the ingame Full Glow Effect gives me very ugly pixel shader effect and jaggies.

found that turning off full-screen glow would fix it. I did that, and it worked wonderfully, i now could walk through Stormwind without getting a headache from the jaggies =P. However... I do like the glow effect... (obviously not as much as i hate jaggies though)... and i was just wondering if theres anyway you can have both? Is there going to be a fix for this issue?

i have the nVidia 67.03 drivers installed. It gives the same effect with all older drivers also..

Please help.

ChrisRay
01-10-05, 08:15 PM
Bloom effect is incompatible with AA. Thats why this issue is occuring. It happens on all hardware.

feeyo
01-10-05, 08:19 PM
That sux :(

But a friend of mine has an Geforce FX Series Card and with him it does work normally.. how is this possible?
Is it because the 6800 uses an more advanced pixel shader?

ChrisRay
01-10-05, 08:23 PM
Your friend is full of it. No offense, Even back in beta my 5900 couldnt do bloom with AA. Neither can my 9800 Pro, And neither can my 6800GT

feeyo
01-10-05, 08:37 PM
ehm. ok. :D

Sux cause i like the glow effect :(
buuuut i prever my 2xQ and AF16x :D

By the way very nice investigations you made there