PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Works!!!

keith33
01-10-05, 11:10 PM
All games I've played are crashing on me after 15 minutes with memory hex errors all the time or simply just closing on their own!!!!

When I change my AGP Aperture size to above 64MB I get BSODs and restarts in XP SP2 (so it's set to 64 now which is okay). The DEP is disabled and so are fast writes. In Farcry I get the game closing without any errors after about 25 minutes. I've run Prime95 to about 20 hours without failure.

Tried 66.93, 71.24, 67.03 forceware drivers and the latest nforce drivers on the Nvidia site. I've attempted to start without my Audigy, and then without any sound at all, and the error still comes up.

Nothing is being overclocked and memory timings are "relaxed". Ran OCZ Memtest86 6 times with no errors. I've tried underclocking my video card to "Nvidia reference speeds" (XFX bios is slightly higher) and that didn't work either.

I have the latest MSI bios through LiveUpdate. HTT is at 4x, and all dynamic overclocking etc. is OFF. Voltage are all auto-settings.

Also, I should note my video card, 2 raptors, RAM, and power supply were taken from my old P4 rig, and everything worked fine! Am I missing something, anything?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :confused: :confused:

XP_GUN
01-11-05, 12:18 AM
Check the CPU temp and when was the last time you reinstalled windows?

$n][pErMan
01-11-05, 01:40 AM
if you just swapped out your hard drive and put it in with all that new stuff without a windows reinstall (or uninstall of everything first) then windows has probably flipped out on you and is on its last legs :p

keith33
01-11-05, 08:01 AM
I've already formatted 3 TIMES without the RAID 0 Array. The temperature at idle is 38 degrees, and at full load around 52. It is NOT the temperature issue. Any other ideas?

saturnotaku
01-11-05, 08:24 AM
It probably is your system RAM. The Neo2 is very picky. What worked in your P4 rig may not necessarily play nice on that particular board, especially if the CPU is passing Prime95. Try running several loops of SuperPi and see if it comes back with errors.

PaiN
01-11-05, 08:28 AM
I had the same board(MSI K8N Neo2 Plat.) with an FX-53...and had nasty compatibility issues(crashing, game errors etc. ) with my OCZ PC3700Gold rev2.

zoomy942
01-11-05, 09:23 AM
see if anyone you know has a similar setup and start swapping his parts into yours and see what works. i agree with saturn that it's probably a compatibility thing with your ram.

Absolution
01-11-05, 05:16 PM
heh, strange, i have no problems with almost the exact same config

ocz platinum 3200 rev 2 though

running agp appature size at 256

the only thing it coudl be would be the ram or the raid array (unless you gota faulty video card or scracted your pcb)

keith33
01-11-05, 07:46 PM
The video card is not faulty because it ran for months in my P4 system. I highly doubt the PCB is scratched but you never know right lol. My friend has the exact same board with Corsair TwinX 2x512MB DDR CAS2 ram.... I'm going to try that and see if it fixes the problem. If not, it's RMA. If anyone makes a spectacular discovery with this board or configuration, please let me know lol!!!!!

PaiN
01-11-05, 10:08 PM
heh, strange, i have no problems with almost the exact same config

ocz platinum 3200 rev 2 though

running agp appature size at 256

The 3200 rev2 is completely different stuff (I think)

Riptide
01-11-05, 10:42 PM
No, you're right about that I'm almost certain. Rev2 is TCCD... not sure what the Rev1 is. Still, you would expect the Rev1 to work OK at least at stock speeds anyway. He can prime and pass memtest so you wouldn't think the RAM is bad. Very odd problem really.

Slyder
01-12-05, 01:25 AM
I would try a different band of RAM personally.

Just my 2 cents...