PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek Winfast 6800NU @ 1.4V , Dangerous ?

Millanesa
01-11-05, 05:02 AM
I can only oc it @ 375 / 750, thats why i want to flash it @ 1.4V, is possible ? i dont want to fry the core ^^.

Lfctony
01-11-05, 05:11 AM
Then don't flash it, my suggestion. :)

saturnotaku
01-11-05, 07:13 AM
Then don't flash it, my suggestion. :)

. :werd:

wrugoin
01-11-05, 03:51 PM
I can only oc it @ 375 / 750, thats why i want to flash it @ 1.4V, is possible ? i dont want to fry the core ^^.
Are you a risk taker? What would happen if you fry the core and you find you've invalidated your warranty? Do you have a backup PCI card incase it doesn't boot and you have to reflash it? Do you have proper cooling (GPU/Case) for significant heat gain a V-mod will bring?

Hey man, it's just Risk vs. Reward.... Opertunity cost.... Is putting your card in danger worth the 15-30MHz you may get from the V-mod? Cause yeah, It's possible. I've read that others in NV News Forums have done it and received 400+MHz yields from their NUs.

So, if you're going to do it anyway, do it the smart way and modify a backup copy of your own bios and don't try to flash it with something you've found on the web. Check this guide here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36901&highlight=bios+flash) if you haven't seen it already, and learn how to backup your card's bios, edit it with OmniExtreme, and reflash it. At least you'll know you're using a valid/legit/working bios.