PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem with NEO 2

digitaljaguar38
01-12-05, 02:11 PM
I got a Neo 2 Platinum for newegg.com. I go to plug in the 4 pin power connector in the mobo that powers the cpu and it doesnt want to fit in. I tryed it on my old mobo a gigabyte k8ns pro and plugs in fine I see on the Neo 2 mobo it says jpw1 instead of my gigabyte that says atx 12v now I took my neo 2 down to this computer shop he tryed different power supplys and non fit is this a bad mobo or is there a certain power supply i need. :(

john19055
01-12-05, 02:20 PM
All power supplies should have the basic 4 pin plug in maybe the mother board has the wrong connector on it maybe have to RMA it to get a nother motherboard I have the 754 neo platium and it works fine with mine I would think maybe they just put the wrong connector on it unless you have made sure you have it turned right and I would think you have done tried every way to turn it.

digitaljaguar38
01-12-05, 02:23 PM
yes i biuld computers all the time and it goes in only one way well when I put it in that way it goes in half way but it wont clip in. I am starting to think it is a bad mobo. this neo 2 is a 939 socket by the way.

digitaljaguar38
01-12-05, 08:05 PM
I have found out through MSI that I have been sent a bad mobo and they are getting me a knew one. I just thought I would let u know.

Pimp!
01-13-05, 09:48 AM
did you take a pic of the connector by chance? wonder how they could mess it up :o

PaiN
01-13-05, 10:09 AM
:thumbdwn: Yet another QC issue in the MSI line......so surprised :rolleyes:

digitaljaguar38
01-13-05, 10:13 PM
did you take a pic of the connector by chance? wonder how they could mess it up :o

I have no idea how they could mess this up. I have a really nice PSU and that didnt work so I went to plug it back into my old mobo and it pluged in fine with no problems. I took it down town to get it looked at. The guy used two different power supplys and they didnt fit. He told me it was a bad mobo. Well then I drove home and got a call back from MSI asking me what was wrong I told them what I went through and he said it seems they put in the wrong pins or they put them in backwards or something. Now I have to wait for 3-4 days for newegg.com to tell me the same thing I found out myself in 5 mins and the computer place down town that also took them 5mins to say the same thing I did and last but not least even MSI told me in 5mins that the mobo was bad. I have bought alot of things from newegg.com and they treated me like crap yesterday they didnt care they were very rude with me on the phone and when I said I wanted to talk to a manager they guy said sure hold on please. He put me on hold for over a hour as I looked at my cell phone mins fly out the door I then hung up called back and spoke with this women that was really nice to me but told me there was nothing she could do about waiting 3-4 days to have newegg say the same thing I already know and then they send me a refurbished mobo. This is total bull crap I paid for a new mobo and they sent me one that doesnt work and now they make me pay for shipping again to send them there bad product and once again I have to pay for shipping for the product to get shipped back to me that isnt even a new product that at first I bought. I understand these thigns happen and thats fine. I just want to say I willl NEVER buy one thing from newegg.com EVER AGAIN.