PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Z-5500

extreme4377
01-13-05, 10:34 PM
Anyone got em? Im waiting for mine to arrive. Should be here tomorrow or Saturday. I cant wait. Your thoughts?

circuitbreaker8
01-13-05, 11:08 PM
Logitech speakers are decent, nothing high end. If I were to do it all over again, I would've gotten the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultras...although you wont be disapointed w/ the 5500s :)

InqWoN1776
01-13-05, 11:34 PM
I have the 5500's and they do everything I want them to do. Ofcourse, I can't compare them to the other high-end 5.1's because I don't know anyone that has them. I do know that if you are going to test these out in you're home then make sure nobody is there. I can't listen to mine much at all because there is always someone here to complain about how loud it gets. Pictures on the walls shake but I'm sure some people here would be quick to remind us that the other 5.1's do this also. One thing to note though... If you are coming from a crappy set of 2.1's, like me, then you're going to flip.

extreme4377
01-13-05, 11:46 PM
Im upgrading from Z-5300s. I just shipped out my Z-5300s today and set up my old surround sound I had set up for my TV, VCR, PS2, etc in our guest bedroom. The 5500s will be the one and only system in my room. Im so amped... :)

MustangSVT
01-13-05, 11:59 PM
I got Logitech Z-5500's on christmas. They're leet, that's all I have to say. They're comparable to my Sony 5.1 speakers which have 100W speakers (each) and a big DTS/DD5.1 receiver.

What I really love is the clarity of the sound and everything. I turned up the volume to about maximum on some MP3's, and they just sound so crisp and excellent. I can't say anything about the Klipsch's, but I've heard them at other person's house, and I can't say I was extremely impressed with them, I mean not more than these Z-5500's. I mean seriously, who can tell the difference between these speakers? I for one can't.

However, I love my Z-5500's, and according to Maximum PC, they're pretty much the best gaming speakers. I'm sure there's like some $1500 speaker set with 1000W+ out there, but these Z-5500's were expensive enough.

npras42
01-14-05, 06:53 AM
These speakers are good, but unlike the guy above I can tell a huge difference between these and my Sony Receiver + B&W speaker setup or my brother's Marantz reciever + Sony speakers. They're quite literally in different leagues. In fact there are probably some leagues in between them. However, at price-point these are really good. I find it amazing how loud speakers like these can be compared to their size. Downsides are the upper extremes and lower extremes especially. Everything high up sounds kinda tinny and perhaps a little corrupted. Everything really low down just doesnt exist. My setup cost like 900... and its still hardly perfect. You can do alot better. The Logi's are decent enough though.