PDA

View Full Version : World of Nerfcraft.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Vagrant Zero
01-14-05, 03:00 PM
Nerf?

Are we talking about the cushiony footballs or those animals from Star Wars?

nrdstrm
01-14-05, 04:01 PM
Chris...Come back home to EQ2 :)

But they have done a little nerfing in EQ2 as well, but nothing major. They took away about 66% of my Bezerker's damage when bezerk, but Bezerkers were truely overpowered, so it's cool with me...
Nrdstrm

superklye
01-14-05, 05:19 PM
Any input on the best tank class for horde? I am assuming warrior, but I havent tried one so Im not sure.
warriors sucked when I played and that was a month ago, after the recent nerfings, I'm sure they suck even more.

lognoronon
01-14-05, 08:17 PM
I have a 41 priest atm and the mind soothe nerf hurts big time. I used the spell all the damn time. They nerfed it because they did a crappy job of designing a dungeon or 2. They should have just changed the postions of a few mobs here and there or just nerfing mind soothe for those instances. They took a very useful spell that was being exploited in 1 or 2 instances and made it useless for the entire gameworld. Priests are already the least played class and this is not going to help things at all. My priest is now shelved for a while till I calm down or find a class I will enjoy playing more.

Skrot
01-14-05, 08:48 PM
Warriors do not suck. The people who play warriors suck at playing warriors. There is a small but fundamental difference. I still love my priest.

superklye
01-15-05, 12:03 AM
No warriors DO suck. If there was ever a class that should be able to solo it would be a warrior: insane HP and AC plus damage but they just...suck. They don't have many good abilities or anything. You have to be in a party for everything. That's one of the things I really didn't like about WoW. I don't want to have to party up for everything.

ChrisRay
01-15-05, 12:03 AM
It's sad. But Blizzard has deleted "3" posts already with outrage and over 2000 posts. And they just locked the third one. This company is literally holdings its ears saying "La la la I cant hear you! Oh btw! We dont want others to see unhappy customers"

marqmajere
01-15-05, 02:28 AM
WHHAAAAA!! WHHAAAAAA!! I hate the blizard cauz they changed some stuff. I want everything handed to meh on a slivr plate.

Suck it up. Every game does this. You dont like it? Go play EQ. THAT'S a nerf fest. This is nothing.

superklye
01-15-05, 02:49 AM
Oh, whoops...I forgot...people can't complain about a product they not only paid $50+ for, but also pay a $15/mo fee. yeah...why the hell should we have any input? :rolleyes2

ChrisRay
01-15-05, 03:20 AM
WHHAAAAA!! WHHAAAAAA!! I hate the blizard cauz they changed some stuff. I want everything handed to meh on a slivr plate.

Suck it up. Every game does this. You dont like it? Go play EQ. THAT'S a nerf fest. This is nothing.

Sony never nerfed classes without telling anyone. SOE usually gives a forewarning to a nerf weeks before it happens. Sony usually does not change something until its certain its completely and utterly overpowered.

Many spells in this game werent over powered to the point they were rendered useless. Sony takes long periods of time to usually test their changes. The last nerf I remember sony doing was one where they nerfed bards from being able to kite entire planar zones with AOE Songs.

vampireuk
01-15-05, 03:57 AM
No warriors DO suck. If there was ever a class that should be able to solo it would be a warrior: insane HP and AC plus damage but they just...suck. They don't have many good abilities or anything. You have to be in a party for everything. That's one of the things I really didn't like about WoW. I don't want to have to party up for everything.

I've seen plenty of warriors that solo, but the main idea behind the warrior is that they group and tank for that group. Every class is weak in a certain area and that is why groups are required at times. A warrior, rogue, hunter and priest would be a perfect group imo :D

|MaguS|
01-15-05, 06:30 AM
Sony never nerfed classes without telling anyone. SOE usually gives a forewarning to a nerf weeks before it happens. Sony usually does not change something until its certain its completely and utterly overpowered.

Many spells in this game werent over powered to the point they were rendered useless. Sony takes long periods of time to usually test their changes. The last nerf I remember sony doing was one where they nerfed bards from being able to kite entire planar zones with AOE Songs.

So true, SOE usually has all thier changes on the Test Server so ALL players if they wanted can check them out prior to the changes going to the Main Servers.

Most of the time people claim SOE nerfs is because they actually nerfed a class that NEEDED to be nerfed. I remember when Necro's and Bards were TOO good. When they finally fell inline, people bitched because they didn't understand that the classes were NEVER ment to be that powerful.

The changes I see WoW are just weird... I heard Paladins are overpowered yet haven't heard that they have been weakened yet... don't know really... just what I hear.

Skrot
01-15-05, 07:22 AM
No warriors DO suck. If there was ever a class that should be able to solo it would be a warrior: insane HP and AC plus damage but they just...suck. They don't have many good abilities or anything.You just don't understand the point of a warrior. It's okay to admit that you're clueless, you know :). WoW is about grouping, and grouping is the most fun. A warrior rocks in a group, if played correctly. Warriors DO NOT suck. Most players of them do, however, suck. hehe

|MaguS|
01-15-05, 09:04 AM
A warrior in every MMORPG I have ever played we about grouping, they were/are the ideal tank on taking dmg. From what I have seen/experianced they were ment to absor dmg while holding aggression, they were never ment for high dmg, thats what rogues and HIGH DPS classes are for.

Warriors = Agro Control

superklye
01-15-05, 12:37 PM
You just don't understand the point of a warrior. It's okay to admit that you're clueless, you know :). WoW is about grouping, and grouping is the most fun. A warrior rocks in a group, if played correctly. Warriors DO NOT suck. Most players of them do, however, suck. hehe
Since you seem to know it all, tell me how to play a warrior then? I mean, I don't think it's too hard to understand that when you have 800hp and 1500AC, you're supposed to be up front hacking away absorbing damage. Gosh, that was difficult. :rolleyes2

I mean, you can only do so many things when your main function is TO ABSORB DAMAGE. Wow...I understood that, too. And you can only do so much when your skills/abilities are designed to DEAL DAMAGE or give damage/AC boosts to your party. Man, it's like a labyrinth...you're right, no WONDER warriors suck: I couldn't figure out their one-dimensionality at all! They suck because they're boring, not because I don't know how to be a meat shield and click on my abilities when they become available.

Maybe stop being a pretentious ass and back up what you're saying, hmm?

vampireuk
01-15-05, 01:10 PM
A warrior in every MMORPG I have ever played we about grouping, they were/are the ideal tank on taking dmg. From what I have seen/experianced they were ment to absor dmg while holding aggression, they were never ment for high dmg, thats what rogues and HIGH DPS classes are for.

Warriors = Agro Control

superklye
01-15-05, 01:40 PM
I understand that and never disagreed. But apparently, there is some super secret way to play a warrior that only Skrot knows (hehe) so he has to be a dick about it.

vampireuk
01-15-05, 03:43 PM
All he was saying was what I quoted, there is no great class to solo with. Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses that require you to group at some point.

marqmajere
01-15-05, 04:45 PM
All he was saying was what I quoted, there is no great class to solo with. Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses that require you to group at some point.

Except hunters.

Ghosthunter
01-15-05, 04:48 PM

actually this is not true. With latest patch on EQ2...Sony did huge nerfs without telling anyone until afterwards...nothing was even in the patch notes, until the community complained big time in the forums with so many threads and posts then they finally explained.

I am still loving EQ2...but I wasnt too happy how they communicated it. I saw the need for some rebalancing, but at least tell us it is coming and why.

ChrisRay
01-15-05, 05:53 PM
actually this is not true. With latest patch on EQ2...Sony did huge nerfs without telling anyone until afterwards...nothing was even in the patch notes, until the community complained big time in the forums with so many threads and posts then they finally explained.

I am still loving EQ2...but I wasnt too happy how they communicated it. I saw the need for some rebalancing, but at least tell us it is coming and why.

Eh? They have a test server for anyone to access. Test server carries upcoming changes.

Ghosthunter
01-15-05, 06:56 PM
Eh? They have a test server for anyone to access. Test server carries upcoming changes.

not true...they did have one..but a lot of nerfs they had were not on test...thought they are now saying in the future they will make sure to put it on test..but who knows how true it is

here is what moorguard said about it:

We're going to work harder to make sure that Test is kept current with the same updates that go out to the live servers. Because it is set up differently from the live servers, Test doesn't end up getting the code at the same time, but we'll update it manually the same day.

Due to the holiday break and just generally getting into the swing of being a live game, we haven't yet made as much use of the Test server as we intend to. Going forward we will make sure Test an integral part of our update process, because the feedback we get from it is crucial to making the game the best it can be.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=testfeed&message.id=1572#M1572

All they had to do I think was put it in patch notes at least..instead of players figuring it out for themselves. I think that is what irked a lot of players.

ChrisRay
01-15-05, 07:08 PM
Well I'll be. Thats very much unlike Sony given their past with test servers and updates.

What was changed exactly? Betting its SOE's tradeskills. The entire trade skill system is a joke. If Sony would just implement soulbound items they could save themselves alot of trouble with "over creation"

Ghosthunter
01-15-05, 07:53 PM
Bersekers and Wizards/Warlocks got nerfed big time...though i agree with some changes being a wizard myself..i really think they went overboard...

Tradeskills well i wouldnt say nerf per se..because every class got hit..it was more of a change on how to make item with buffs...it now takes a lot longer to make a pristine item..because buffs use up more power an cannot spam it...their reasoning was that pristine items are suppose to be lot rarer and wroth more then norm items...while what was really happening was no one would buy anything unless it pristine..

While i agree with it somewhat..they never made these changes to test..so no one got to test it...and of course there were so major issues..though they did fix it a few patches later...

I know a few other classes got nerfed..but not sure details offhand...but i know those i mention above are the most loudest at the moment

Oh another change and this one was on test if i recall..can no longer buy resources off broker and do wholesaler quests. I think they changed this because societeies were levelling too quick..but the downside is a lot of adventurers who relied on harvesting and then selling lots lots of profit..it is better for myself as a crafter...but for adventureres a lot harder.

Despite eveyrthing..thought I am still enjoying EQ2 greatly...overall I am happy with server stability, virutally lag free..and having tons of fun with my guild and the community on our server. I am also enjoying the tradeskills a lot more then I did in any other MMORPG..dont know why but i do.

No MMORPG will be perfect is something I learnt..the key is to make sure you having fun..once you log in and it feels boring and like a job time to find something new..lol

ChrisRay
01-15-05, 09:01 PM
I think I should point out. Today I canceled subscription to Blizzard. And I have moved back to EQ 2.