PDA

View Full Version : World of Nerfcraft.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Ninjaman09
01-18-05, 06:47 AM
I would like to add that I've tried playing a Warrior, and so far at level 20 I've got to say this is the most boring class I've played so far, not to mention the weakest. I've played a Rogue, Hunter, and Paladin past 20 and haven't had nearly as much trouble soloing as I have with this guy. My miss rate is well over 15%, sometimes over 25%, I miss in streaks, build up rage extremely slowly, can't hold aggro, and 2 mobs of any level will generally slaughter me, since I can't kill them fast enough due to all the missing. "Whoosh" sounds are about all I can expect from combat. It's retarded, now I understand what you poor warriors are going through. My warrior misses more than my dual-wielding rogue on melee, which is retarded considering the miss rate for melee one-handed is supposed to be 5%, while dual-weilding should be 25%.

Tyr-Sog
01-18-05, 11:34 AM
http://penny-arcade.com/

Ninjaman09
01-18-05, 12:35 PM
You know what's funny about that? I was just writing a post on the World of Warcraft forums regarding the warrior miss rate, and when I went to submit I got the good old "Login Server Down" message. AGAIN. I haven't been able to log into the forums since the beginning of December, and though I'm sure the login server was up at some point or another, it isn't now. I'm fairly pissed off about it.

Also, I couldn't log in to the game again last night. I guess the servers are going to be down all day again.

Sorrow
01-18-05, 09:03 PM
I bought WoW for PvP, EQ2 for something else, I can't really remember, but either way, if one falls through, I'll have a lvl 50 or lvl 60 in each so I'll be ready for the downfall of one :D

(Has no life outside of school, except work, and going to a ranch to "impress" a girl that likes horses)

ChrisRay
01-18-05, 10:02 PM
Clearly unacceptable post ninja. Dont do that again.

Tyr-Sog
01-19-05, 05:57 AM
Yeah, Blizzards whole system is a mess. I pretty much given up on my lvl 38 orc shammy and the Ner'zhul server. It's pointless to play with all the problems(now hour plus ques to discourage you from playing) so I started a new toon on a low populated server against my better judgement. Reason being, because when I started Orc shammy on Ner'zhul is was a low pop server so sooner or later this new server will be a high populated server and I'm back to square one. And IMO, blizzard bit off way more then they can chew and it's looking like they're a bit incompetent in running this type of game. Maybe I can try to get my old one switched to the new server and hold out to see if they can fix these many major issues by the time of my monthly subscribtion is up. If it's not fixed on the Ner'zhul server I'll be cancelling for sure. And yes, the forum login in server being related to the gaming server is FRUSTERATING because when the gaming server is down, the forum is down.

Ninjaman09
01-19-05, 06:36 AM
Yeah, Blizzards whole system is a mess. I pretty much given up on my lvl 38 orc shammy and the Ner'zhul server. It's pointless to play with all the problems(now hour plus ques to discourage you from playing) so I started a new toon on a low populated server against my better judgement. Reason being, because when I started Orc shammy on Ner'zhul is was a low pop server so sooner or later this new server will be a high populated server and I'm back to square one. And IMO, blizzard bit off way more then they can chew and it's looking like they're a bit incompetent in running this type of game. Maybe I can try to get my old one switched to the new server and hold out to see if they can fix these many major issues by the time of my monthly subscribtion is up. If it's not fixed on the Ner'zhul server I'll be cancelling for sure. And yes, the forum login in server being related to the gaming server is FRUSTERATING because when the gaming server is down, the forum is down.
I think the login server downtime may be one of the most frustrating things of all, really. I'm not kidding, it seems like every time I try to log on to the forums, the login server is down. And yes, this "emergency service" is starting to get almost funny.

What I'd like to see them fix is the auction house on the server I just leveled my new Paladin on. I had him take Skinning and Mining to sell the resources and make money, which was working fine until I tried doing it at peak hours. The AH was so lagged it took over 4-5 minutes to even create an auction, much less look at ones available. Pretty absurd if you ask me.

vampireuk
01-19-05, 07:58 AM

I would hardly call it a mess, I am having no problems at all myself.

Sorrow
01-19-05, 08:30 AM
eq2 wins, and i already have a 42 warden, come to my server and ill give u 4g :D not to say i wont try for 50 in WoW

|MaguS|
01-19-05, 08:35 AM
You on Mistmoore? give me 4GP! :D

Ghosthunter
01-19-05, 08:38 AM
You on Mistmoore? give me 4GP! :D

I got more then 2 Plat...and will give you some if come to Permafrost =)

|MaguS|
01-19-05, 08:38 AM
I got 3GP, lol. Im always poor in MMORPGs. I keep upgrading my gear/spells. ><

Ghosthunter
01-19-05, 08:42 AM
I got 3GP, lol. Im always poor in MMORPGs. I keep upgrading my gear/spells. ><

Tradeskills are the best way to go. It a lot of work especailly with latest nerfs but pays off in the end =)

Sorrow
01-19-05, 09:01 AM
<-- Crushbone!

I've got about 90g atm, had to buy a couple 40+ adept 3s :(

Sorrow
01-19-05, 09:09 AM
Once I get my jboots and get 43, I'm going to play WoW a lot until I get level 50, then I'll more than likely go back to EQ2 unless there's something like super awesome that happens in WoW...other than the awesome (as in not ever seen before in any game awesome) combat and general lag.

Ghosthunter
01-19-05, 01:19 PM
here is the latest article about WoW tehcnical issues from Gamespot in the news

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/18/news_6116566.html

I only played WoW in closed beta and never had any issues...I had no idea it was this bad.

Though this is two different companies and games..I remember shadowbane, that game still has problems till this day, they were never able to figure out how to fix lag, and really ruined the game...though there were other issues as well i wont go into.

AO had a horrible launch as well, one of the worst, though they did recover...they did it way too late, while the game is a great game now...they lost too many customers to other games to ever get them back.

I hope the same thing does not happen to WoW. I want WoW to be around not because I play it..but it is making SOE a lot better in terms of customer service and other issue, because they have real direct competition IMO

Tyr-Sog
01-19-05, 10:17 PM
I would hardly call it a mess, I am having no problems at all myself.

Yeah ok...enjoy

marqmajere
01-19-05, 10:39 PM
Yeah ok...enjoy

Eonar server. No problems here either.

Sorrow
01-20-05, 12:05 AM
thank goodness I still have my 42, ALMOST 43 warden, equippe with jboots and one step from FBSS :D

<3 blizzard for giving me a reason to keep EQ2

<3 SoE for giving me a reason to play WoW when EQ2 is being patched and has wierd 12 hour downtimes.

Marcos
01-20-05, 01:20 PM
You know it's sad. I thought "Sony" was bad about nerfing classes. But they have never compared to some of what Blizzard has done.

Warriors = Almost Useless now to incessive and un neccassary nerfs.

Priests = Power Word: Shield Nerf, Mind Soothe nerf, As a priest myself. This Mind Soothe nerf is unacceptable. The spell went from useful to 95% useless. Now I will unlikely use it. Because what? Its hard to use and its more efficient to just kill my way through content.

Warlocks = Charm nerfs!

Druids, Mind Soothe verses animal nerfs!

Shamans = Incoming Nerfs!

Paladins = Incoming Nerfs.

To coin a phrase. "Bait and Switch".

https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=804644&P=1

sounds like you are playing "WORLD OF WARCRAFT III"

vampireuk
01-20-05, 01:25 PM
Yeah ok...enjoy

Would you like a tissue?

Ninjaman09
01-20-05, 02:21 PM
Well I started a new character on the Gilneas server and it's been smooth sailing so far! On top of that, almost every single person I've run into has been extremely friendly and helpful. I cleared the Elwynn Forest quests and got to level 12 in about 3 hours with a group consisting of me, (a warrior), a mage, priest, and a warlock. Suffice it to say we obliterated everything in our path. It was awesome.

This contrasts hugely with my experience on Magtheridon, where lag, idiots, and gankers plagued my gameplay. At level 40, my Rogue has completely ceased to interest me since every time I try to do something some level 60 pops out of nowhere and kills me in 2 hits. Oh well, I'm having a blast with my Warrior so far and am very glad I can actually quest in Hillsbrad, Arathi, and Stranglethorn Vale now without getting ganked every two seconds.

In summation, if your experience is bad you might want to try a server change. I know it sucks to have to start all over again but from what I can tell it's worth doing.

ruziel
01-20-05, 02:38 PM
I played both EQ2 beta and WoW. Came from one of those "hardcore" raid guilds in EQ1 (Leviathan of Stormhammer) saw raid content that 90% of the fan base will never see. Now in a 'hardcore' guild on Stormrage (Blood of the Horde) and working on Onyxia keys.

And all I can say is dispite the unusual downtimes every so often this is by far the most entertaining MMO I've ever played in 6 ish years of playing MMO's. Hell, even EQII dev's admitted they went overboard on the EQII graphics engine and wished the best for Blizzard and World of Warcraft.

Cheers =D

Ninjaman09
01-20-05, 04:04 PM
You gotta let us know if you end up killing her. I hear it's practically impossible.

vampireuk
01-20-05, 04:10 PM
Well I started a new character on the Gilneas server and it's been smooth sailing so far! On top of that, almost every single person I've run into has been extremely friendly and helpful. I cleared the Elwynn Forest quests and got to level 12 in about 3 hours with a group consisting of me, (a warrior), a mage, priest, and a warlock. Suffice it to say we obliterated everything in our path. It was awesome.

This contrasts hugely with my experience on Magtheridon, where lag, idiots, and gankers plagued my gameplay. At level 40, my Rogue has completely ceased to interest me since every time I try to do something some level 60 pops out of nowhere and kills me in 2 hits. Oh well, I'm having a blast with my Warrior so far and am very glad I can actually quest in Hillsbrad, Arathi, and Stranglethorn Vale now without getting ganked every two seconds.

In summation, if your experience is bad you might want to try a server change. I know it sucks to have to start all over again but from what I can tell it's worth doing.

I started a human Paladin a couple of days back, I've noticed more idiots play human than any other race. I swear everytime I start mining some prick will come running up and just start mining the same god damn vein I am mining. I wish people would use common sense when they are playing the game, if a person reaches it first leave them to it and find another area. Other than the complete and utter tosspots around I'm still having fun, perhaps I just need to get out of the starting areas and leave all the 12 year olds to that section.