PDA

View Full Version : World of Nerfcraft.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Slybri
01-26-05, 07:51 PM
Lvl 55 pally

I played the heck outta this game since thanksgiving and I'm starting to get sick of it. After lvl 50 it's impossible to solo or find decent items outside of the instances.
I'm in a small guild of 10 or so that mostly just groups for instances. And I hate instances. 4-6 hours non stop stress, bitching and complaining about drops and rolls and heals, and when you get to the end boss...bugged! Start over!
And I just love it when I'm soloing a mob a few levels over me and it's close, but nothing I can't handle, and then lag kicks in. I just stare at the screen for 5 minutes, knowing I've died once again thanks to server lag. Plate armor ain't cheap to repair at lvl 55.
You know, they'd clear up some of the lag if they'd give the Alliance more than one AH. 80% of the players are alliance and all of them are forced to congregate in one spot in Ironforge. During peak hours the AH and mails system are all but useless.
Still, one of the best games I've ever played in my 25 years of PC gaming.

And oh yes, the official WoW forums are one of the most rediculously childish flamefests on the internet. Every post on that thing devolves into namecalling. sad...

Tyr-Sog
01-27-05, 01:31 PM
Lvl 55 pally

snip

Yeah, I decline about 90% of my instance invites. I get tired of all the whining and crying about drops. The last time I played in an instance was at SM and we where getting close to the boss and everyone starting calling what they get although the entire time we where playing it was setup on group loot/roll for greens/rares ect.

So I just ignored it and rolled on whatever was a upgrade for me, passed on whatever I couldn't use or already had(which in reality no one has to). I ended up winning some rare neklace drop that some kid wanted and he started screaming ninja looter...Then put it on a general chat to tarninsh my name though everyone who has groupleed with me knows I'll give up whatever item I win if someone can use it. Although that gets abused to. I'll give something up, check later with in inspect and the guy isn't using it, clearly he just wanted it to sell....So anyways we leave the instance and 2 minutes later I was in a group again, older guys this time, much better experience...

Wows biggest thorn in their foot...Impatient, arrogant, selfish kids. All copies of wow should now come with Ritilan and all under the age of 18 should have to take it.

Ninjaman09
01-27-05, 01:33 PM
Your miss rate is only at 10%? Damn! Mine is at 26%!
Are you dual wielding? Dual wielding changes the default miss rate from 5% to 25%.

WeReWoLf
01-27-05, 05:21 PM
Are you dual wielding? Dual wielding changes the default miss rate from 5% to 25%.

Nope. I don't dual wield. I either use 1 handed sword + shield, 2 handed sword, 2 handed polearm or 2 handed axe. I shudder at the thought of what my miss rate would be with dual.

Fatman
01-28-05, 02:45 AM
I've been contemplating starting a warrior, but I'm having doubts in regards to down-time. As a druid I melee well in caster form with mobs of same or lower level. As a bear I can tank a bit for multiple mobs or one higher lvl and as a cat I rip lower levels to shreads. With several direct damage spells and DOT spells I can bring down a mob to 2/3 health before it even gets to me and healing is a non issue. How do warriors restore health? I don't like the paladin route, I was thinking full out tank, is that something advisable for solo and occasional group?

marqmajere
01-28-05, 11:11 AM
Easiest way is to buy food.

Ninjaman09
01-28-05, 11:41 AM
I use bandages in between fights and generally don't have a lot of downtime. Cooking food is really the best thing to do when you need a lot of HP recovery because it usually provides you a stamina and spirit boost for 15 minutes. And Werewolf, I was wondering, are you counting dodges, parries, blocks, etc. as "misses" too? Just wondering, because 26% sounds insane!

WeReWoLf
01-30-05, 05:37 PM
Nope. the Cosmos mod tells me my miss rate, dodge rate, parry rate, resist rate, block rate, etc... my dodge rate is about 5-8% normally, parry rate stays around 2-3%, resist rate is below 1%, my block is below 1%. My miss rate is usually in between 23% to 28%.

StoNer
02-17-05, 08:28 AM
i got a 52 druid so far and although i dont really have any problem dealing with stuff in the game, i do kill way to slow and pvp is like a hardcore strategy game in fast forward for me because of all the crap i have to do just to come close to winning a fight.

Sorrow
02-17-05, 08:37 AM
i got a 52 druid so far and although i dont really have any problem dealing with stuff in the game, i do kill way to slow and pvp is like a hardcore strategy game in fast forward for me because of all the crap i have to do just to come close to winning a fight.

That's what makes it fun, strategy. Me being the rogue I am, I try to get as meany cheap shots in as I can, and then I just go back to stealthing :D

Blacklash
02-17-05, 06:37 PM
You guys heard of IGE? They are aggressively approaching sites and game companies directly now. They basically have armies of people playing MMORPGs to make money. Why does it suck? Well they are in competition with regular players for resources, like plat and rare drops. So you have a lot of exploiters and farmers in their groups that care squat about the game save to wring RL cash out it. This letter was sent to a site owner of a Vanguard site. I was also pleased to hear a rep from Vanguard say they flatly rejected an offer from the head of IGE. If people want to piss away money on virtual items fine, and what bothers me is how they ruin hunting areas and the game with ruthless farming and exploiting so they can make cash. Anyone play Lineage II? I know they are in WoW as well.

MMORPGs are barely worth playing as is, and if you factor in this retarded business ruining the game for folks playing it for entertainment, well its almost not worth logging in.

Here's the letter with the contact info removed:

"Purchase of your site

Hello there, -

I am interested in purchasing your site for a LARGE sum of money.
IGE has put aside four million dollars this year to purchase websites
to build up our content network.

I saw ageofvanguard.com and I think it could be a great edition. We
could even work out a deal where we pay for the site and then give you a
job running the site the way you do now. So nothing changes, you get to
keep doing what you do now and make a ton of money doing it (or if you
are tired of running it we can work something out on that front as
well).

Also, do not worry about us plastering it with IGE ads because we treat
this as a different business. We have several deals with publishers to
be announced in the next few months so we would be putting up banners
for them to promote their games across our network.

Please contact me and lets do some business."

Vanguards official stance:
http://www.okratas.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=59&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

WeReWoLf
02-17-05, 07:02 PM
Yeah IGE are the ass of mmorpg's. Thankfully though, because blizzard is partnered with vivendi, who's stance on this is "don't bother asking", i can't see it happening in WoW. Not to mention blizzard would have to rewrite the entire EULA if they did allow it, because it clearly states about 8 or 9 times in there that all content from within the game belongs to blizzard and in no way is it to be sold for real money.