PDA

View Full Version : World of Nerfcraft.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ChrisRay
01-14-05, 02:27 AM
You know it's sad. I thought "Sony" was bad about nerfing classes. But they have never compared to some of what Blizzard has done.

Warriors = Almost Useless now to incessive and un neccassary nerfs.

Priests = Power Word: Shield Nerf, Mind Soothe nerf, As a priest myself. This Mind Soothe nerf is unacceptable. The spell went from useful to 95% useless. Now I will unlikely use it. Because what? Its hard to use and its more efficient to just kill my way through content.

Warlocks = Charm nerfs!

Druids, Mind Soothe verses animal nerfs!

Shamans = Incoming Nerfs!

Paladins = Incoming Nerfs.

To coin a phrase. "Bait and Switch".

https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=804644&P=1

superklye
01-14-05, 02:47 AM
instead of making classes that excel in one area, they have a tendency to make every class suck.

Godspell
01-14-05, 04:44 AM
Diablo2 was the same way. My paladin would go from usefull to useless whenever there was a patch.

vampireuk
01-14-05, 05:43 AM
They can leave my rogue alone :p

Tyr-Sog
01-14-05, 05:57 AM
Yeah, sucks.....

What you find is to many people whining that are playing in PVP, just go to the forums there.

But just read, you'll see in the higher lvls(where PVP is meant to be played IMO) classes are pretty balanced and as long as you KNOW HOW to play your character. No one player has and advantage over another. It's just people complain because a player in his 30's get zapped by a lvl 60 mage and is dead in 4 seconds. Well yeah, it's like me, a lvl 34 shammy going and rocking a lvl 5 guy. It's PVP, risks are there and thats what makes it fun lol.

|MaguS|
01-14-05, 05:58 AM
Nerfs happen in EVERY MMORPG. Just because you think your class is great, doesn't mean that is what the developer intended it to be like. Maybe they weakened the classes because the game over all was a cake walk?

Heck, SOE most of the time now is just increase dmg output on the mobs, most of the group mobs in EQ2 got a nice boost... sucks for soloers and they see it as a nerf on thier content but SOE never intended on group mobs being for soloers. That is the reason thet give "group experiance bonus" becuase they are ment to be faught with a group.

I really don't care about nerfs, I usually shrug them off... I mean heck I was a cleric in EQ1... they were nerfed all the time...

Tyr-Sog
01-14-05, 06:01 AM
WOW needs to go nerf the downtime bonus, implement a bit of experience debt when dieing(not as much as eq2 though, maybe just add it for PVP) and tone down the exp reward with quets imo. It's far to easy to lvl.

ChrisRay
01-14-05, 06:24 AM
Yeah, sucks.....

What you find is to many people whining that are playing in PVP, just go to the forums there.

But just read, you'll see in the higher lvls(where PVP is meant to be played IMO) classes are pretty balanced and as long as you KNOW HOW to play your character. No one player has and advantage over another. It's just people complain because a player in his 30's get zapped by a lvl 60 mage and is dead in 4 seconds. Well yeah, it's like me, a lvl 34 shammy going and rocking a lvl 5 guy. It's PVP, risks are there and thats what makes it fun lol.

Too bad mind soothe nerf is irrelevent to PVP...

ChrisRay
01-14-05, 06:25 AM
Nerfs happen in EVERY MMORPG. Just because you think your class is great, doesn't mean that is what the developer intended it to be like. Maybe they weakened the classes because the game over all was a cake walk?

Heck, SOE most of the time now is just increase dmg output on the mobs, most of the group mobs in EQ2 got a nice boost... sucks for soloers and they see it as a nerf on thier content but SOE never intended on group mobs being for soloers. That is the reason thet give "group experiance bonus" becuase they are ment to be faught with a group.

I really don't care about nerfs, I usually shrug them off... I mean heck I was a cleric in EQ1... they were nerfed all the time...

Group mobs got a boost? Man you know I absolutey loved soloing the orc pawns in commonlands with my Crusader. Could solo the group non stop. Good news is. If I ever go back to EQ 2. All 4 of my toons are over level 20 now..

MX/MX400
01-14-05, 06:35 AM
Is it even worth playing at this point?

I've been bustin my ass trying to get a copy, but after all of the complaints I've been reading on their forums (about almost every class) I might just save my $15 a month for more tacos and prostitutes.

Ninjaman09
01-14-05, 06:59 AM
There will never be a game released that doesn't have a huge amount of complaining surrounding it. Yes, it's worth playing, and it won't be "not worth playing" because of patches. It's a great game.

Cali3350
01-14-05, 07:40 AM
7 people bitching does not mean 500,000 dislike the game ;)
I have a 24 Rouge and a 27 mage, aswell as a 16 pally and 12 warrioir. Yes, im very noobish, but its fine for me. Warrioirs need a HP buff, and Paladins do need some kind of nerf. I hear Shamans are pretty bad too but i have never played them. All in all i agree with this. I personally cant believe a priest is whining about nerfs. There the best PVP class.

Sorrow
01-14-05, 09:09 AM
Go EQ2 Go EQ2 go go! Only class nerf they've done is decrease rogue's dps but gave them poison that they can use on their weapons that they have to bu from alchemists to give them their original if not better DPS, at the cost of money of course. Oh and linked spell timers. I.e same types of DD spells, like fire is on same timer as all other fire spells that aren't DoTs and so on.

Tr1cK
01-14-05, 09:32 AM
My 33 shaman is nowhere near overpowered. Balanced yes. Shaman can not do any one thing well, but they can do a little of everything. We cant tank cause we cant wear the armor and use shields as effectively. We cant be pure casters cause our mana isnt that high and spells dont do as much dmg. People just complain about shamans because they can handle any situation somewhat, just not as well as some other classes can.

I have heard where paladins wipe the floor with warriors, which should not be true. The paladin should be roughly equal to a cleric type class imo. I think they need to nerf on them and rogues if anybody. Everywhere you turn there is a high level rogue or paladin. Why? Because they are the most powerful 2 classes. I havent played either one, I am just going from what I have seen in the game.

I do think there needs to be some faction wide nerfing or buffing. The alliance typically outnumbers the horde 5 to 1. There needs to be a lil boost to the faction that is the underdog, something to give it more appeal. I will say I am never playing alliance as long as the factions are that far out of balance.

Tyr-Sog
01-14-05, 09:55 AM
lol...16 hour maintenance and now all 4 of my characters are missing, as is everyone elses who where on the scheldual 16hour maitenance program.

Who said the tech/cutomer support was better then SOE? I'd say the same, they both suck.

Ninjaman09
01-14-05, 09:57 AM
Shamans are just annoying in PvP, they always run away from me dropping earthbind totems as they go. Can't stand 'em, they're almost as bad as mages and warlock with poly and fear. They can't really attack, but they can run away really well. Pansies. ;)

Tr1cK
01-14-05, 10:42 AM
I dont do the earthbind crap. I frost shock and back up. Cast earth shocks to disrupt the casters. Then I just melee my way out with windfury throwing the occasional earth or frost shock.

Sorrow
01-14-05, 10:48 AM
WoW's PvP better not turn into EQ1's PvP though, i.e. nerfing people left and right, making spells do only 60% dmg, stuff like that.

Tr1cK
01-14-05, 11:06 AM
I just mainly hope they dont turn it into a materialized piece of sht like UO. Economy blown all to hell.

Ninjaman09
01-14-05, 11:15 AM
Frost shock pisses me off so much - I'm a rogue, so it effectively cripples me. It astounds me how few shamans I've run into actually use frost shock, it'd really have saved the lives of a lot of them.

Tr1cK
01-14-05, 11:31 AM
Any input on the best tank class for horde? I am assuming warrior, but I havent tried one so Im not sure.

vampireuk
01-14-05, 11:34 AM
The warrior is the best class for tanking, and if you can get a rogue behind the enemy while the warrior tanks then the battle will be over rather quickly :D

Edit: As for the rogue I see no need to nerf them, they do insane amounts of damage but they can't take too much damage.

Ninjaman09
01-14-05, 12:47 PM
The warrior is the best class for tanking, and if you can get a rogue behind the enemy while the warrior tanks then the battle will be over rather quickly :D

Edit: As for the rogue I see no need to nerf them, they do insane amounts of damage but they can't take too much damage.
It's oh so fun being the rogue behind the enemy too. :D

I agree, Rogue's can't take much punishment. Any damage nerfs would seriously ruin the class.

LycosV
01-14-05, 02:25 PM
I've never liked Blizzards method of balancing. They seem way too prone to giving in to popular (squeky wheel) demands of players, "____ is too strong!" they nail it down to nothing, "____ is too weak!", they buff it up to insane levels. They're like begining drivers, swerving back and forth in the lane instead of taking it slow down the middle.

Tr1cK
01-14-05, 02:46 PM
We should start a nerf poll. Who will be nerfed next? Place your bets lol.