PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Audigy2 driver disk.. how do i install creative web drivers?

thunderhippo
01-14-05, 04:39 PM
I am beating myself up trying to install the drivers I downloaded from Creative's driver site. There are about 50 different files not organized into any semblance of which or what i should install first. Anybody know a good site that tells you how to install the drivers(other than creative's unhelpful site), eax and so forth for the audigy2? Im running kx audio's drivers right now but they dont have good eax support. thx

saturnotaku
01-14-05, 04:46 PM
If you're just looking for the drivers, search on Creative's site using your sound card type, file type (drivers instead of firmware or all) and operating system. Look among the downloads for the file named EAX4DRV_AUDIGY2_1_84_50.exe. Those are the drivers themselves, anything extra like the EAX console and so forth you'll have to download separately.

Vagrant Zero
01-14-05, 04:51 PM
Meh, you'd be better off without all that extra crap. Creatives applications are liken to ATIs CCC.

thunderhippo
01-14-05, 05:30 PM
Yeah installing the base drivers is not too bad now. But i cant install any of the other eax stuff and speaker settings.. says it cant find the hardware. I think im just going to ditch the card.