PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 thread

***CENSORED***
11-23-02, 08:01 PM
Excited yet? Doom III-like graphics, going and playing on earth, what's no to like:)!

StealthHawk
11-23-02, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ***CENSORED***
Excited yet? Doom III-like graphics, going and playing on earth, what's no to like:)!

that it's an Xbox game?

***CENSORED***
11-23-02, 10:24 PM
Ain't it comin to pc?

StealthHawk
11-23-02, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ***CENSORED***
Ain't it comin to pc? the big question being when?
Halo 1 still hasn't come to the pc, and it won't for a long time yet. if Halo 2 has the same 1.5 year turn around there is nothing to be excited about. Doom 3 will have already been out for a long time, etc.

ReDeeMeR
11-23-02, 11:27 PM
Well there's no way they are going to have unified lightning system or that much bumpmaping in open ended maps so I wouldnt call it "Doom3 graphics", expect same Halo graphics with more vertex and pixel shading effects and maybe more T&L utilization?

SavagePaladin
11-25-02, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ReDeeMeR
Well there's no way they are going to have unified lightning system or that much bumpmaping in open ended maps so I wouldnt call it "Doom3 graphics", expect same Halo graphics with more vertex and pixel shading effects and maybe more T&L utilization?
They've already changed the graphics system around, though I don't claim to know what they did right now.

ragejg
11-25-02, 01:24 PM
That's right. Halo 2 will be rendered real-time with zero-wait state gfx output... Some sort of "pioneer achievement".