PDA

View Full Version : Big Temperaturproblems with my 6800GT-SLis

JimBobb
01-16-05, 08:17 AM
I have big problems with GPU Temps with the 2x Inno3D 6800GT PCIe Cards!
I have on Card1 IDLE 73 Degrees und Card2 IDLE 70 Degress.
When i gaming the Degrees higher as 85 Degress. :eek:
Is that normal?

ericdrum
01-16-05, 09:00 AM
That doesn't sound good. My 6800GT idles at 50. I should state that I'm using the 71.20s right now and many people with all versions of the 7x.xx are reporting higher temps. The 71.50s seem to be a lot hotter.

kahloq
01-16-05, 09:29 AM
I have big problems with GPU Temps with the 2x Inno3D 6800GT PCIe Cards!
I have on Card1 IDLE 73 Degrees und Card2 IDLE 70 Degress.
When i gaming the Degrees higher as 85 Degress. :eek:
Is that normal?

Do you have any side case fans? If not, then neither card is getting anything but stale air. The card closer to the bottom of your rig should be cooler then the one above it since it has more room to draw air in UNLESS you have other expansion cards right under it(like a sound card). If you do not have side case fans, try removing the side case panel and putting a fan(house fan would do fine) pointing at the inside of the case. See if there's a temp drop.

Since you didn't mention case or fan set up, I can only guess. If you do have side case fan, then those temps are a bit high. You could try using a PC air conditioner.

tret
01-16-05, 12:17 PM
Jim,

I have a similar setup and I have the same problem, the top card especially get to 85+ during gaming even with the side panel open. I have 2x NV Silencers coming on tuesday and I will post results if the temps improve which I hope they will.

tret