PDA

View Full Version : Z2200 or Z3

faraday
01-16-05, 11:22 AM
I had replied to a thread about the Z2200 in another forum, but would like some info on them vs the Z3

How do the Logitech Z3's compare to the Z2200 ?

I had a set of 640's from logitech but it was just too much of a hassle to use a 5.1 in my room, and besides 90% of the time I only use my headphones for gaming, I only use speakers to watch movies when theres someone else around here, and for music sometimes.
The Z3's look great, and they have nice reviews, but does anyone know exactly how well they compare to the Z2200's ? I can buy either of them, just need to decide.

Thank you.

One thing to consider is, I don't care much about blowing my eardrums outta my skull, since I'm using this in my room, no need for super-mega-sound pounding.

What I care about is audio quality, the 640's I had weren't that bad, but since I couldn't just plug 2 speakers and the sub without loosing the sound controls (theyre in the central speaker), and since I'm buying a new set of speakers (decided on 2.1) , I really would like something with better sound quality. My sennheiser HD497 headphones put the 640's to shame. tongue.gif

I hear nice reviews about both the Z3's (pretty) and the Z2200's (not that pretty, much more expensive where I live, but if it's worth the diference it's not a problem).

I can get the Z3's for roughly 84 and the Z2200 for roughly 142.

The money diference is not really a problem, if the Z2200's are that much better than the Z3's.

Thank you for your time.

crainger
01-16-05, 07:12 PM
I had replied to a thread about the Z2200 in another forum, but would like some info on them vs the Z3

One thing to consider is, I don't care much about blowing my eardrums outta my skull, since I'm using this in my room, no need for super-mega-sound pounding.

What I care about is audio quality, the 640's I had weren't that bad, but since I couldn't just plug 2 speakers and the sub without loosing the sound controls (theyre in the central speaker), and since I'm buying a new set of speakers (decided on 2.1) , I really would like something with better sound quality. My sennheiser HD497 headphones put the 640's to shame. tongue.gif

I hear nice reviews about both the Z3's (pretty) and the Z2200's (not that pretty, much more expensive where I live, but if it's worth the diference it's not a problem).

I can get the Z3's for roughly 84 and the Z2200 for roughly 142.

The money diference is not really a problem, if the Z2200's are that much better than the Z3's.

Thank you for your time.

Only one way to really find out... Go to a store that stock both, rather easy I find as they are entry level speakers and test them out. Thats what I did and ended up with a fine set of 680s, that and they were 50% off

faraday
01-17-05, 05:04 AM
That sort of bussiness practice is not used in Portugal, or in many countries in Europe for that matter...

So going to a store and asking to listen to them is not possible, unfortunatly.

Thanks anyway.

crainger
01-17-05, 05:14 AM
That sort of bussiness practice is not used in Portugal, or in many countries in Europe for that matter...

So going to a store and asking to listen to them is not possible, unfortunatly.

Thanks anyway.

Oh, well thats sucks... Anyway my sister is using Z3 speakers just this minute, as you know they look sharp, (she has the wood grain finish ones) and from what I've heard they do sound very good. If I wasn't holidaying in the country side I'd whip down to Harvey Norman and have a listen and report back my opion. As they are both setup for demonstration in that particular store.

Sorry I can't be more help, but either set will satisfy.

faraday
01-18-05, 06:58 AM
Thanks , I think I'll go with the Z2200's, just coz they're THX .... hope I'm not wrong in the end :D