PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to format my PC again, which driver 4 BEST PERFORMANCE!

newls1
01-16-05, 01:39 PM
Im not worried about texture quality, or the nice-ness looking of textures, I just need a driver that will give the most FPS possible for my 6800ULTRA. Thanks, And I understand that a million people ask this question, but with so many different drivers now, IM SO CONFUSSED.. :confused:

Toss3
01-16-05, 02:01 PM
I'd say it depends on which games you play :) but the 67.03 from VXG are nice, they give you stability and performance :) but it depends on your system..

newls1
01-16-05, 02:03 PM
I'd say it depends on which games you play :) but the 67.03 from VXG are nice, they give you stability and performance :) but it depends on your system..

I play HL2 and ut2004 the most. I just want a driver that gives the most FPS, dont care about looks.....

iyos
01-16-05, 02:32 PM
67.65 (stock) - without a doubt :)

$n][pErMan
01-16-05, 06:17 PM
I play both HL2 and UT2004 all the time... 67.02's from Extreme G are by far the best ... plus great quality with great FPS.

admiral1313
01-17-05, 05:01 PM
I would recommend either the official 66.93 driver or the Extreme G 67.02.You should know,however,that the Extreme G driver has some system tweaks built in (large system cache,Always unload Dlls and so on).

newls1
01-17-05, 05:20 PM
I would recommend either the official 66.93 driver or the Extreme G 67.02.You should know,however,that the Extreme G driver has some system tweaks built in (large system cache,Always unload Dlls and so on).

Are those system tweaks for the better, or makes no difference?

haloeighty8
01-17-05, 10:47 PM
67.65 (stock) - without a doubt :)

I agree, these do seem to be some of the better drivers out.

Waffles
01-18-05, 12:39 AM
The frequency of driver releases and people's subsequent enthusiasm isn't troubling at all to me. What's more of a problem is people who constantly ask - wich iz da bestest drivr 4 my computar machene? Three words folks, "trial and error." Download a few sets, run the games you play and if you find something works well for you stick with it.

^^^ Says it perfectly. no need to add.

admiral1313
01-18-05, 04:35 AM
Are those system tweaks for the better, or makes no difference?

I can't say that I've noticed any sort of difference.From what other people say,AlwaysUnloadDll is good to be enabled,but LargesystemCache should not.If you do decide on installing the 67.02 ExtremeG drivers,you can set the LargeSystemCache option to off by doing this:

Right-click on My Computer--->Properties--->Advanced Tab--->Performance---->Advanced Tab--->Memory Usage.

If you set it to "Programs",then the Largesystemcache is set to OFF,while the other option sets it to ON.Theoretically,Setting it to Programs is more suitable for desktop computers,while the other on is for servers.You can always experiment yourself,though,and run a few games to see what works best for your rig.

admiral1313
01-18-05, 04:38 AM
I would also like to add that the Extreme G does improve Image quality,but you shouldn't really expect to see huge differences between driver sets.

zoomy942
01-18-05, 06:08 AM
the drivers you use depend alot on your system. your best bet is to poke around here for some people's opinions and poke around google to see what might fit your system. or, better yet, just install a few and try them out. my personal favorites are whatever is most recent. not really what was "leaked" but what has the most recent date in the inf file. but, for your setup, doing that may not be the best.

saturnotaku
01-18-05, 07:57 AM
^^^ Says it perfectly. no need to add.

Thank you. :)