PDA

View Full Version : Duke source

DJMONDY
01-16-05, 04:34 PM
Imagine duke nukem 3d using the half-life 2 source engine.

Then go here:http://www.hl2world.com/

I think it looks really cool.

Post your thoughts people :)

superklye
01-16-05, 06:45 PM
I think this should be in the Source Engine forum... ;)

But seriously, that looks awesome. I hope it happens...

Edge
01-16-05, 07:01 PM
That's probably going to get shut down really quick...3drealms is pretty strict when it comes to mods based on their properties. I remember even maps for HL1 based on Duke Nukem 3d were shut down. Oh well, hopefully they'll release some decent stuff before they're shut down, because it looks pretty slick.

DJMONDY
01-17-05, 09:51 AM
I hope they dont close this down, Its the closest thing were gonna get to a new duke nukem game for a while the way things have been going with 3drealms.

If duke nukem forever doesnt come out soon modders are gonna make their own versions of what they think duke nukem forever would/should have been like..... :D :D :D

DJMONDY
01-19-05, 03:25 AM
Update: This project has been cancelled due to requests from 3DRealms! :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
01-19-05, 03:50 AM
That was fast, Maybe this means they have a plan for Duke this year? :o

Darkoz
01-19-05, 04:13 AM

They're just pissed off that someone else can cook up a Duke Nukem game in no time, while 3DRealm have been sitting on their arse for the past few years.

Edge
01-19-05, 04:26 AM
Update: This project has been cancelled due to requests from 3DRealms! :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Sometimes...I hate being right all the time...

|MaguS|
01-19-05, 04:28 AM
It's not the same... these guys were making a mod of an existing game, 3D Realms is creating an entirely new game an working in depth with an engine.

Im not a big fan of mods that recreate an existing game, rather take that game concept and come up with a creavite new story.

DJMONDY
01-19-05, 04:57 AM

According to gamespot news duke nukem forever is expected to be completed late 2004 early 2005 so with any luck you might be right :)

Darkoz
01-19-05, 08:11 AM
It's not the same... these guys were making a mod of an existing game, 3D Realms is creating an entirely new game an working in depth with an engine.

I guess my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough.......

Sorrow
01-19-05, 10:31 AM
They should just call is Deuk: Source, and take out some parts of maps and add their own touch to em :P

Ruined
01-19-05, 11:11 AM
Imagine duke nukem 3d using the half-life 2 source engine.

Then go here:http://www.hl2world.com/

I think it looks really cool.

Post your thoughts people :)

C-c-c-c-ome a-a-a-a-nd g-g-g-g-g-g-get s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-some

no thanks :thumbdwn:

Daneel Olivaw
01-19-05, 11:25 AM
vaporware