PDA

View Full Version : Power Supply ???? 600w ???? Help!!! Please

sPuNdANe
01-17-05, 03:10 AM
:afro: I'm hoping someone out there could give me some advice.
I'm building comp with the following hardware:
Gigabyte MB GA-K8NXP-SLI
Kingston KHX3200K2/2G Memory Kit
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
BFG 6600 GT PCI Express SLI Ready (installing two cards)
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB SATA/150 16MB (installing 4 with SATAII config)
BenQ DVD R/RW 8.5G double layer
Case: Raidmax Scorpio Series 868 Bought extra fans for a total of 7 fans. (Now here's where it becomes tricky. The case came with RaidMax KY-520TX ATX12V. with 420w output. With all the hardware and GCards installed I was afraid that I would not have enough power so I bought a Ultra 31312 ATX PSU 600w. it has 20 pin my mother board has a 24 pin so I bought the attachement that will convert it to 24 pin to motherboard. I was reading post on this Forum and cases where people had fried their hardware with 600w power supply. Could someone please help....I'm afraid to plug it into wall and fire it up.
Thanks for any input....

:afro2: Spundane :eek:

bkswaney
01-17-05, 03:17 AM
:afro: I'm hoping someone out there could give me some advice.
I'm building comp with the following hardware:
Gigabyte MB GA-K8NXP-SLI
Kingston KHX3200K2/2G Memory Kit
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
BFG 6600 GT PCI Express SLI Ready (installing two cards)
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB SATA/150 16MB (installing 4 with SATAII config)
BenQ DVD R/RW 8.5G double layer
Case: Raidmax Scorpio Series 868 Bought extra fans for a total of 7 fans. (Now here's where it becomes tricky. The case came with RaidMax KY-520TX ATX12V. with 420w output. With all the hardware and GCards installed I was afraid that I would not have enough power so I bought a Ultra 31312 ATX PSU 600w. it has 20 pin my mother board has a 24 pin so I bought the attachement that will convert it to 24 pin to motherboard. I was reading post on this Forum and cases where people had fried their hardware with 600w power supply. Could someone please help....I'm afraid to plug it into wall and fire it up.
Thanks for any input....

:afro2: Spundane :eek:

Fire it up man. :)
You should be just fine.

I've never heard of those PSU's
but I've had no names that ran great over the years. ;)

I've not read anything on frying PC's with a 600watt PSU.

superklye
01-17-05, 03:25 AM
I can't remember who it is and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but in my newest Maximum PC there is an 850w PSU. It's like $450, too.

jAkUp
01-17-05, 03:54 AM
Whats the +12 rail amps? Most powersupply's now have automatic shutoff so its extremely unlikely that you will fry anything. You should be fine.

sPuNdANe
01-17-05, 07:42 AM
A round for everyone :beer: and Cheers..:beer2:
Thanks every one for your input.
The CPU and the MB where hard enough to get.
One last thing, would adding the attachment from the power supply converting it to a 24 pin to the motherboard..would that be ok?
Thanks again

Spundane :D

bkswaney
01-17-05, 10:20 AM
A round for everyone :beer: and Cheers..:beer2:
Thanks every one for your input.
The CPU and the MB where hard enough to get.
One last thing, would adding the attachment from the power supply converting it to a 24 pin to the motherboard..would that be ok?
Thanks again

Spundane :D

It should be just fine. :)