Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

GamerGuyX
01-17-05, 02:29 PM
And I thought Micro$oft was evil...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/17/news_6116473.html

:thumbdwn:

Mr. Hunt
01-17-05, 02:31 PM
Even more reason to hate EA even more (didn't even think that was possible).

GamerGuyX
01-17-05, 02:36 PM
Even more reason to hate EA even more (didn't even think that was possible).

And you know EA is gonna have this whole "we can if we want to" attitude with the whole thing. God damn them... :mad:

LiquidX
01-17-05, 02:59 PM
I cant believe they would go this for to kill competition. EA is beyong MS in so many ways. MS atleast puts there full effort into everything they try to throw to us (yes even IE with all its bugs) and most times goes beyond the competion. EA on the other hand is going behind the competition and buying out everything under them instead of providing something substantially better. IMO VC's ESPN football was more innovative and better than Madden. Sad but I think there on there way out and most likely going to EA. :(

As it stands I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to buy the building where VC's dev team works from and kicked them out. :thumbdwn:

aaahhh52
01-17-05, 03:14 PM
This is absolutely amazing, EA is going to buy out all of the gaming industry, they tried buying the NBA license but got denied after they bought the nfl license, so then they bought 20% of UBI and now this? wtf i hope the EA corporate offices burn down in a mass of firey hell.

GamerGuyX
01-17-05, 03:19 PM
so then they bought 20% of UBI

Actually they haven't succesfully done that yet. The French government (of all people) are actually on Ubisoft's side trying to stop that from happening.

stncttr908
01-17-05, 03:55 PM
I can't see myself buying another EA Sports game again.

YOGIx213
01-17-05, 04:02 PM
I'm stuck with EA since there are NO alternatives for sports (main sports) games on PC. I feel like a crack fiend who has to get his supply from the only dealer in the US for high prices but less quality. No competition=no motivation/improvements. This really sucks arse.

Vash
01-17-05, 04:43 PM
I actually have more emnity for EA than Microsoft at this point, because there's more room in the gaming market for competition than there is in the OS market.

MustangSVT
01-17-05, 05:44 PM
I'm thankful that Pro Evolution Soccer is still hanging. It's sooooo much better than FIFA and since that's really the only kind of sports game I play, it's pretty good.

I think the only real competition left to EA in the sports department is the XSN Sports from Microsoft where they're making games for their Xbox and Xbox2.

Edge
01-17-05, 05:49 PM
Holy crap...and I thought EA was bad enough before. And you just KNOW this is going to confuse a hell of a lot of people...what will happen to everyone who bought an ESPN game this last year for $20, and then next year will see "ESPN NFL2006" on the shelf for $50? They'll probably buy it from name alone, not even realising it's a totally different game from the old "ESPNs". At first I didn't have much of a problem with EA, but it seems like the only thing they're doing now is buying out companies and pumping out crappy lisenced games.

For once, I find myself agreeing with and supporting the French.

GamerGuyX
01-17-05, 06:16 PM
I think the only real competition left to EA in the sports department is the XSN Sports from Microsoft where they're making games for their Xbox and Xbox2.

Actually Microsoft just recently sold off its XSN sports brand/studios... :mad:

And no, I'm not kidding.

GamerGuyX
01-17-05, 07:58 PM
Okay since the other thread got deleted (which I got no problem with), I thought I better add this in here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/maddennfl2005/news_6116065.html

Like I said before, this is just getting ridiculous. (po)

Edge
01-17-05, 09:50 PM
Doh, I hate it when threads get deleted and the posts from it are lost...wouldn't a merge have been a better idea? (hint, hint ;) ).

GamerGuyX
01-18-05, 02:31 PM
It seems that EA won't be happy until they are the biggest entertainment firm in the world. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4180453.stm)

stncttr908
01-18-05, 03:29 PM
I think they'd better worry about being able to pay their employees their overtime first.

GamerGuyX
01-18-05, 07:51 PM
Take-Two getting pissed, attempts to get MLB exclusivity (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/18/news_6116545.html)

Mr. Hunt
01-18-05, 07:54 PM
I hope Take-Two gets it... I hate baseball but I would love for EA to be screwed out of baseball games. We will see how much they like being screwed over.

NAZCA M12
01-18-05, 09:09 PM
I only want to add a small detail here: There is understandably a lot of anger towards EA (and i agree as well) but we must not forget that when an EA executive waved a bunch of $ to ESPN, he got a "son, you got yourself a deal" sort of answer. Let's not forget that it takes two to dance. I'm not trying to give EA any excuses here, what they're doing is disgusting. It's one thing to be on top through being competitive and simply better than the others and another one being first because you've taken/bought all the oxygen from your opponents (because that's exactly what they've done with Sega's VC).

Regardless, this is business and its not as if others don't do exclusive deals, but it's just not business that makes you have respect for them. I guess if in the future you continue to see potentially crappy, multiplatform sports games from EA that come out on an annual basis, have nothing new to offer except slightly improved graphics, there will be two parties to blame: EA and yourself. Supply and demand guys, don't say "god damn them", or "only they have the rights, what can i do?" If you want to punish them, let your wallet do the talking next time. :mad:

WeReWoLf
01-18-05, 09:32 PM
If EA aren't careful, they could pull a Microsoft and land in hot water over a Monopoly scheme. Buy everyone out and control the entire market. In the US monopolising a market is illegal and i reckon us sports gamers will make sure they get their asses kicked if they continue.

GamerGuyX
01-18-05, 09:46 PM
let your wallet do the talking next time. :mad:

Oh I am more than confident that the majority of the hardcore gaming crowd will not buy any EA games in the near future. Its the ignorant, mainstream gamers that will be tricked into buying this because of the ESPN name. A lot of them will just assume that this is the same game as the Sega ESPN games when its in fact the Madden games. They are going to buy this and not know they just purchased until its to late. :lame:

GamerGuyX
01-18-05, 09:55 PM
Gamespot Q & A with idiot...err, EA marketing boss (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/18/news_6116543.html)

NAZCA M12
01-18-05, 10:15 PM
I'll be damned if i understand why he bothered to answer so many questions, when he could cover it up beautifully by simply saying: "Muahahahahahaha" :p :D

Knot3D
01-19-05, 02:38 AM
They are going to buy this and not know they just purchased until its to late. :lame:

It's not about sportsgames nor ESPN in particular. The point is that EA is gaining market power to impose their cr@ppy games upon everybody.

The mainstream masses will HAVE to be educated that EA games are really really bad. Yes, that also includes parents of 8 - 14 year olds.

EA :thumbdwn:

Mr_LoL
01-19-05, 09:04 AM
apparently they got the madden deal cuz the nfl felt cheapened by espn's 20 dollar price tag. And also of course ea sent their money ***** to the nfl. Seems shes doing a good job :)