PDA

View Full Version : Swat 4 Open Beta Released

jAkUp
01-17-05, 11:17 PM
Now it's available for non subscribers :D

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/swat4/

Been playing for about a week or so, it still needs some work, but shows great potential, being a huge Raven-Shield fan I'm probably gonna pick this one up in April

BioHazZarD
01-18-05, 12:22 AM
I havent played yet but so far it looks good on some screenshots people posted.

superklye
01-18-05, 12:46 AM
Is this more of an R6 tactical shooter? Or like a CS:S shooter?

Edge
01-18-05, 01:08 AM
Looks cool, I'm giving this one a look as soon as it gets done downloading. I really liked SWAT3 back in the day (even though it ran like total ass on my 233), so I'm interested in how this one turns out.

Oh, and Superklye, it would be much closer to a Rainbow 6 type game than to Counter-strike (unless they've substantially changed the game since 3).

YOGIx213
01-18-05, 03:37 AM
Raven Shield was the shiznit. I was hooked on it for the longest. I'm going to try the beta of Swat 4 out when I get the chance, hopefully it's as good as I suspect.

|MaguS|
01-18-05, 03:54 AM
I tried it and the graphics look great but everyone was right, man you walk S L O W! Remeber how slow you walk in RS when injured? Its worse then that!

YOGIx213
01-18-05, 03:58 AM
Lol, slower than when injured in RS6? I hated getting wounded and had to drag my leg across the map. Is it slow when youre wounded in SWAT4 or is slow walking a game bug?

PeterJensen
01-18-05, 04:38 AM
I was in the cloesed beta, and.... This game sucks donkey balls :(

jAkUp
01-18-05, 11:49 AM
I was kinda iffy about it at first, but I like it now. I still think Raven-Shield was a better game... but Swat 4 isn't far behind :D

S.I.N
01-18-05, 12:52 PM
What kind of slow **** is this? My grandmother with a hip replacement moves faster than these guys. I thought my brother had the graphic settings too high because the game felt like it was going at 5 fps and in constant slow-mooooootion. What I want to know is what swat team advised them that you dont move while leaning corners and that we move that slow because they didnt learn ****. I want to like the game because its seems fresh and I am a big fan of games like this but it's too damn slow. A swat team is suppose to move fast and swift not like they weigh half-a-ton. :thumbdwn:

BioHazZarD
01-18-05, 02:38 PM
Yeah omg the gameplay sucks ass.. and some idiots keeps throwing flasbangs and c5 gas nah this was the most slow fps game ever.

stncttr908
01-18-05, 03:30 PM
I'll be giving this one a go tonight. I have my key and my beta installer ready.