01-18-05, 10:27 PM
How many here are running one?
Do u like it?
How is it gaming?

I picked up one tonight.
I just started it charging. :)

I had to pull a whole 26 bucks
out of my pocket to get it. :p

I had a 60.00 BB gift card from christmas. ;)

I have a MX700 now and it's been a great mouse.
I hope the 1000 is worth the upgrade.

bkswaney
01-19-05, 01:47 AM
I upgraded from the MX700 to the MX1000, and I love it. :)

Oddly though, it seems to have a longer battery life if I leave it on 24/7 versus shutting it off when I turn off my comp at night. :confused:

Glad to hear u like it.
I'm using mine now. Man it charged fast.
Only took a couple of hours. :)

I love the way it shuts off if u leave it just
sitting there.
Man it's a LOT more precise than the MX700 is.
I do wish u could see the laser.
It seems like it's not on after using the 700. "lol"

john19055
01-19-05, 03:43 AM
I have been looking at them just wish they would come down some on the price,I really like my Mx700 except the batteries don't stay charge up long enough for me.I bought some new batteries but it still seems like it don't last much longer then a day because I keep forgetting to put it on the charger.

Greg
01-20-05, 07:36 AM
I bought one to replace my MX700 but had to return it. It had some serious problems that I later found were very common with the mouse. Logitech's official word is that the mouse is 'not designed for gaming'.

1) Fast mouse sweeps, particularly just lifting the mouse from the desk cause the laser to take ~1/4 sec to respond again once it has returned to the desk. This means freezes while spinning in a continuous circle.

2) My USB base station was part of the massive batch that caused the cursor to jump to the top of the screen every few minutes. Logitech will replace the base station if you warranty the mouse. Otherwise plug into PS2.

3) The feet on the mouse were uneven so the mouse wobbled on the table. Mine wasn't too bad but I know people who can't aim properly due to the wobble, mine just rattled if you put your finger on the top of it.

4) The mouse software is a step back from the previous mouseware, not allowing key bindings etc.

If you want more info, read this review, it's one of the most accurate around:
http://www.hardnsoft.net/reviews/view.php?id=4

And visit the USA Logitech if you have a few hours to read about all the problems over and over again.

Very few reviewers have picked up on the flaws with this product. TomsHardware did modify their review with a mention of the issue I describe in (1)

I would strongly not recommend this mouse for gaming or graphics work. It is completely useless due to some serious flaws, otherwise it would have been the most accurate mouse yet. I so much wished it had worked properly :(

|JuiceZ|
01-20-05, 10:21 AM
I bought one to replace my MX700 but had to return it. It had some serious problems that I later found were very common with the mouse. Logitech's official word is that the mouse is 'not designed for gaming'.

1) Fast mouse sweeps, particularly just lifting the mouse from the desk cause the laser to take ~1/4 sec to respond again once it has returned to the desk. This means freezes while spinning in a continuous circle.

2) My USB base station was part of the massive batch that caused the cursor to jump to the top of the screen every few minutes. Logitech will replace the base station if you warranty the mouse. Otherwise plug into PS2.

3) The feet on the mouse were uneven so the mouse wobbled on the table. Mine wasn't too bad but I know people who can't aim properly due to the wobble, mine just rattled if you put your finger on the top of it.

4) The mouse software is a step back from the previous mouseware, not allowing key bindings etc.

And visit the USA Logitech if you have a few hours to read about all the problems over and over again.

Very few reviewers have picked up on the flaws with this product. TomsHardware did modify their review with a mention of the issue I describe in (1)

I would strongly not recommend this mouse for gaming or graphics work. It is completely useless due to some serious flaws, otherwise it would have been the most accurate mouse yet. I so much wished it had worked properly :(

My thoughts exactly. Mine didn't last a day until it returned back to the shelf at CompUSA. The Logitech Mediaplay + Razer Diamondback fulfil my needs now.

bkswaney
01-23-05, 09:59 PM
Man this thing stays charged up a LONG time.
I charged it the night I got it and it's still going
strong tonight. :D

6 days today.
I do not cut it off.

stncttr908
01-23-05, 10:01 PM
Logitech stated that it wasn't designed for gaming? I thought that was one of their selling points when they introduced the thing.

SH64
01-23-05, 10:09 PM
Man this thing stays charged up a LONG time.
I charged it the night I got it and it's still going
strong tonight. :D

6 days today.
I do not cut it off.

You kiddin ?? i didnt need to charge that mofo yet since i bought it from like 3 weeks :thumbsup:
unlike that slacker MX700 which discharges every 3 hours :thumbdwn:

bkswaney
01-23-05, 11:15 PM
Glad to hear it. I'm pushing a week now. :D
I know I had to charge my 700 about every day or so.

Chalnoth
01-24-05, 06:47 PM
Not too bad of a review, but who in the hell uses the abbreviation w/ in a review? That's just f'in lazy.

Anyway, I personally don't see how the lifting the mouse up problem should be much of a problem if you have the sensitivity put up, as should be the case with such a mouse. I'm currently using a Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical and I rarely have cause to lift the mouse off of my rather small pad.

SH64
01-24-05, 07:54 PM
Not too bad of a review, but who in the hell uses the abbreviation w/ in a review? That's just f'in lazy.

Anyway, I personally don't see how the lifting the mouse up problem should be much of a problem if you have the sensitivity put up, as should be the case with such a mouse. I'm currently using a Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical and I rarely have cause to lift the mouse off of my rather small pad.

I had that lifiting problem the first time i switched from my low budget wired mouse to the MX700 .. but i got used to it pretty fast .
so look like the reviewer didnt spend enough time to try the mouse & see how fast he can get used to it .

Greg
01-25-05, 07:43 AM
If you mouse only has the 'recovery delay' which they all do according to Logitech, you certainly can get used to it. You can up your sensitivity and move your hand less, you can practice not moving the mouse fast or lifting it, but why should you have to change your style? No other mouse, not the MX700 nor corded mice have this issue.

I leave you with a challenge... With you MX1000, enter your favorite FPS game and turn as fast as you can in one direction. Don't stop. You are simulating what does occur in real gaming and at some point you are going to have to a) move that mouse fast (cause I told you to) and b) reset that mouse (cause you will run out of desk sooner or later). You'll see what i mean.

If you MX1000 doesn't have stupid quality control flaws like the broken USB base station or uneven plastic feet, and you are not effected by laser recovery delay, enjoy your mouse, just don't bother arguing with the sods who payed the big bucks and definately did not get your joyful experience. I say this because half the posts in other forums are people experiencing these issues with this mouse, the other half the posts are people blaming the first lot for complaining about their mouse because they don't experience the same issues.

sytaylor
01-25-05, 12:39 PM
I was tempted when I saw the MX1000 launch, but to be honest, I don't play FPS online and I use my PC probably 2 to 3 hours a day max, so I charge the battery about once every two weeks :). I'll stick with what I have.