PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Multiplayer Beta!

jAkUp
01-18-05, 11:40 PM
Its here guys, sadly only for fileplanet payers, but I have an account and will give feedback shortly, downloading now.

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/sc_chaostheory/signup/

Mr. Hunt
01-19-05, 12:25 AM
Meh... I will try it when it is available to everybody... but I don't have my hopes up much... I know it is just a slightly updated PT engine for the SVM part and I know the PT engine sucks (at least for SVM).

ClosetFanBoy
01-19-05, 01:26 AM
gimme some juicy screens!!! ;)

jAkUp
01-19-05, 01:38 AM
damn :( I have to wait for them to send me a cdkey... hopefully they send it later tonight

|MaguS|
01-19-05, 01:55 AM
Downloading now :D

Edge
01-19-05, 02:13 AM
Damnit...stupid fileplanet subscribers only crap...oh well, I guess I can wait until it goes public.

|MaguS|
01-19-05, 04:00 AM
Wow, They changed the controls, For the worste in my opinion. Your movement speed is nolonger anolog, its now a toggel, walk or run... You no longer roll with crouch but now with the action key...

So far its eh, but that was the tutorial (which could use a big facelift) gonna try some MP action, I will post some screens and opinions after it.

Sorrow
01-19-05, 09:27 AM
hurray for my $15 every three months subscription, I'll be DLing this when I get home :D ...after getting 20 in WoW (yes, bought it yesterday, plan on being 20 today :)

BioHazZarD
01-19-05, 10:10 AM
Stupid ubisoft is this the way to treat old SC customers ? Screw this i will never pay a nickle to try out a demo why not release it free on gamershell or similar ?

jAkUp
01-19-05, 10:24 AM
I've been reading some of the responses on the official forums, and 99% of them are not good... apparantly, the Splinter Cell Multiplayer, and Singplayer are 2 entirely different engines. I dunno why they did this.

Mr. Hunt
01-19-05, 11:23 AM
Well the Coop portion of the multiplayer is on the Chaos Theory engine as far as I know... but the Spy vs. Merc MP portion is a "slightly updated" version of the Pandora Tomorrow engine. Which pisses me off because the PT engine has terrible EVERYTHING (the netcode is so freaking terrible). The singleplayer and coop portions are what I am REALLY waiting for.

EDIT: Oh... and in Pandora Tomorrow the roll WAS a key also... but only in the multiplayer part. So that isn't a change. But yeah I heard about the walk/run toggle and I HATE it.

Edge
01-19-05, 12:56 PM
Eh? What was so bad about the PT engine? I though it worked just fine, and aside from lag on my dial-up when I had my mic plugged in I didn't see any problems with the netcode.

Mr. Hunt
01-19-05, 02:51 PM
Well even the slightest lag was terrible in that game. Sometimes you cannot leave a vent because you teleport back CONSTANTLY. And besides... why would they not use the CT engine? The SvM is going to be as poorly done as in PT I am sure.

jAkUp
01-19-05, 07:39 PM
Not getting very good performance here...

1600x1200 all options 0xaa/0xaf im getting about 30fps... I mean the graphics are not THAT good :D

Mr. Hunt
01-24-05, 08:08 PM
Well I have been reading the official boards and it actually is sounding better... I read there is a shotgun in the game now for Mercs and that double jumping for spies has been taken out (which I will admit I used in "DM" games on PT but I hated it being apart of the game). Sounds like UBI might have actually fixed things.

Also jAkUp... I think there is a stupid framerate cap in CT like there was in PT.

Mr. Hunt
01-25-05, 08:40 PM
Well the open beta for everybody came out today and I just got done playing it for a while... and I was a fool for thinking this game would be good. This is worse than spy vs merc in PT.

I want to know what happened to the time when games were actually balanced.

Edge
01-25-05, 09:47 PM
Damnit, stupid fileplanet isn't letting me sign up. I enter the information, hit submit...and it brings me back to the sign up page. God I hate that site so much...I don't suppose someone could send me the link to the file? Actually...does it have a CD-key as well?>

And Mr. Hunt, I'm not sure how you expect the game to be "balanced" when it's a genre that didn't exist before PT. From what I remember the balance was pretty decent, I don't understand what you'd want to be different about it.

Mr. Hunt
01-25-05, 11:05 PM
Just wait until you play it... you will realize how "godlike" the mercs are.

Edge
01-25-05, 11:07 PM
Well, the mercs were pretty underpowered in the original PT, I wouldn't mind seeing them beefed up substantially (and I usually play as spys).

And I WOULD play it, if Fileplanet would actually WORK correctly...

Mr. Hunt
01-26-05, 12:33 AM
Well you got your wish. Spies are completely useless. I thought taking out double jumping and all of that stuff would balance the game... and it WOULD have had they not added all of the thing to make mercs the best things ever. Hell the spies new optic camo sucks because it is visible at all times basically... it isn't very hard to see somebody in regular vision while they are cloaked. The uzi has 60 shots but 2 will kill you and it is more accurate than the rifle that only holds 25 shots. The problem in PT where a spy using NO gadgets and still be seen on EMF is still there. It is just unbalanced. I pray the SP and COOP doesn't suck this bad.

jAkUp
01-26-05, 12:37 AM
I had this installed on my system, but never played it because of the negative feedback... meh, I'll try the single player demo

Mr. Hunt
01-26-05, 09:44 PM
Hmmmm been playing it some more and Deathmatch seems to be the only fun mode right now. But back to UBIsuck... I think this game (and PT) detect when you are enjoying yourself and then it HAS to come up with some stupid message (for CT it is "Connection to Ubisoft.com has been lost" and for PT it is "Game session is no longer available").

pakotlar
01-27-05, 01:47 AM
wow this game sucks...maybe this multiplayer "experience" flies on xbox, but it isn't much compared to pc multiplayer games.

Mr. Hunt
01-27-05, 06:57 PM
And I am back to giving up. Everytime I am having a good time the server crashes (well not the server but the ubisoft server) or I get the stupid "game session is no longer available". I am getting sick and tired of this and this is one of the reasons I quit PT... too many bugs ubi "fixed" with patches but yet never were fixed and still aren't to this day.