PDA

View Full Version : VSync broken in 67.xx?

stelek
01-19-05, 03:46 AM
Hi!

I've just bought a GF6600 card and everything seems to be working OK except for two things:

- DEP - but I solved it by disabling it in the setup...

- VSync - this thing simply won't work. Whenever I turn it on (in any game), the whole screen gets corrupted and the game becomes unplayable. I tried it in Need for Speed Underground 2, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell.

I found an indication of a "vsync problem" in these forums but my problem seems different. It does not matter if I turn vsync on in the CP or in the game - I always get the same corruption.

Do others have similar problems? Is it just a driver problem or is my card damaged?

$n][pErMan
01-20-05, 04:25 PM
im using the XG 67.02's and my vsync does not corrupt any display in my games so it must be related to your setup somehow because mine works fine.

fivefeet8
01-20-05, 04:35 PM
Vsync works fine here with the 67.66 Official beta.

xilencer
04-06-05, 01:55 AM
Don't know about your problem but Vsync can't be forced in OpenGL, it's been like this forever. However, it seems to work in Direct3D.

rewt
04-06-05, 11:46 AM
Don't know about your problem but Vsync can't be forced in OpenGL, it's been like this forever. However, it seems to work in Direct3D.

Works fine in OpenGL for me :confused:

Using ForceWare v71.84 and Coolbits 3d (http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/coolbits3d.reg).

xilencer
04-06-05, 10:08 PM
Works fine in OpenGL for me :confused:

Using ForceWare v71.84 and Coolbits 3d (http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/coolbits3d.reg).
I have the Vsync setting by just installing the 71.84 drivers, no need for Coolbits 3D.
Tried your linked coolbits3d.reg file just to make sure and it doesn't work for me.
coolbits3d.reg seems to be the same as installing NVTweak and clicking "Enable All".
Anyway Vsync can't be forced in OpenGL - I tested on Q3A with a GeForce 2 Ti.

rewt
04-07-05, 10:32 AM
Anyway Vsync can't be forced in OpenGL

Ah you're absolutely right. The OpenGL app actually needs to support vsync in order for it to work properly.