PDA

View Full Version : Just installed my Leadtek 6800nu?

Samduhman
01-19-05, 09:52 PM
I've used an ATI 9700pro for the past 2 to 3 years and now Im back to Nvidia running a Leadtek 6800nu agp. I have some questions below since Im now unfimiliar with Nvidia cards.

1 - Do I use Leadtek or Nvidia reference drivers. Whats preferred

2 - Winfox/Winfast. Its looks like its pretty helpful, is it becuase at the same time its eating up system resources and looks like it gives some of the same options as the Nvidia settings icon? The live update any good? Should I use any of these utilities?

3 - Leadtek comes with a overclocking utility (Winfox?). Is this a good oc utility to use? Reading through the forums it looks like everyone is unlocking the pipes and overclocking. Should I? Is the performance gain that much greater?

4 - 3Dmark03= 8666/3Dmark05= 3385. These scores ok for my setup? AmdXp 2500+ @ 3200+, 1 gig PC3200ddr, vid card at default settings and display properties at performance.

5 - Anything else I should know about the Leadtek 6800nu, Nvidia drivers, utilitys that come with card, etc

Thanks!

MUYA
01-19-05, 09:59 PM
1. Download Drivercleaner
2. Goto safe mode, run msconfig. Click on the start then type in run - MSCONFIG
3. Click on boot to safe mode.
4. Goto Control panel, add/remove software applet - remove ATI drivers.
5. Reboot into safe mode
6. In safe mode, run driver cleaner. remove all traces of ATi drivers
7. run msconfig and untick boot into safemode
8. Reboot into normal windows
9. Install new nv drivers

MUYA
01-19-05, 10:01 PM
Winfoz OC utility is good, but I tend to use coolbits to overclock if iwant to, unless u can overclock insanely, the benefits are not really worth it. ActuallY I do not use alny of leadteks or winfast utilities. Reference drivers and coolbits.

you 3dmark scores are in line with your card and system.

toxikneedle
01-19-05, 10:20 PM
Definetely try to unlock your pipelines. Its funny how I had a 9700 pro just like you and just bought a 6800NU last week. Anyways, try to unlock with rivatuner and then if everything is good, no artifacts or anything... see if you can overclock it more.

A lot of people have been telling me its a good idea to format when getting a new vid card which i prolly will do in a week or two after I get another stick of ram.

MUYA
01-19-05, 10:22 PM
I 2nd that, better to do a fresh install of windoze than just a clean up!

TeaEtchSee
01-20-05, 12:36 AM
LeadTek a400Gt is good :)

MUYA
01-20-05, 12:44 AM
he bought a Leadtek A400 Non ultra

Roliath
01-20-05, 12:52 AM
1. Download Drivercleaner
2. Goto safe mode, run msconfig. Click on the start then type in run - MSCONFIG
3. Click on boot to safe mode.
4. Goto Control panel, add/remove software applet - remove ATI drivers.
5. Reboot into safe mode
6. In safe mode, run driver cleaner. remove all traces of ATi drivers
7. run msconfig and untick boot into safemode
8. Reboot into normal windows
9. Install new nv drivers
might be helpful to run Cab Cleaner aswell as driver cleaner

rohit
01-20-05, 03:04 AM
Mi Leadtek a400GT is arriving next week. :)

MUYA
01-20-05, 03:06 AM
Where are u from Rohit? Your ip address seems to suggest eitehr South Asia or SE Asia.

rohit
01-20-05, 03:10 AM
India

MUYA
01-20-05, 03:14 AM
Ah. With nick like that it was bound to be somewhere in that region. When I was in Nepal, it was damn hard to get a decent 3D card. I had to pay 15% over prices for courier charge just to a Gf4 or Gf2. In Nepal everyone buys integrated stuff (cheaper) so, I guess no need for 3D cards untill they find out that that to play latets games u need a decent 3D card. I guess not everyone can afford a 3D card anywhoo in South Asia.

rohit
01-20-05, 03:23 AM
Ah. With nick like that it was bound to be somewhere in that region. When I was in Nepal, it was damn hard to get a decent 3D card. I had to pay 15% over prices for courier charge just to a Gf4 or Gf2. In Nepal everyone buys integrated stuff (cheaper) so, I guess no need for 3D cards untill they find out that that to play latets games u need a decent 3D card. I guess not everyone can afford a 3D card anywhoo in South Asia.

TRUE. same here in india. all use intel integrated cards.
also there are very limited brands to choose from. Onli ASUS and XFX are available. The xfx 6800 cards are being sold at a very Hi price of USD550 dollars for GT and USD620 for ultra. recenly there was ASUS radeon x800pro vivo for USD600. and ASUS RADEON x800XT-PE for USD750.

So i get mi cards and comp related stuff from a dealer hu gets all his stuff from Bangkok. thats how i got most of mi cards. works out to b cheeper this way.

MUYA
01-20-05, 03:33 AM
TRUE. same here in india. all use intel integrated cards.
also there are very limited brands to choose from. Onli ASUS and XFX are available. The xfx 6800 cards are being sold at a very Hi price of USD550 dollars for GT and USD620 for ultra. recenly there was ASUS radeon x800pro vivo for USD600. and ASUS RADEON x800XT-PE for USD750.

So i get mi cards and comp related stuff from a dealer hu gets all his stuff from Bangkok. thats how i got most of mi cards. works out to b cheeper this way.
heh $600+ for a 3d card is like loads of moneh not only in South Asia, rest of the world too! :D

edit:hmmm had too much pholcodiene today it seems.

Blasphemer
01-20-05, 05:42 PM
I have the exact same card, and it successfully unlocked to a full 16*6. 3DMark scores in sig, pretty good for my system.
I'm very happy with this card. :D