PDA

View Full Version : Mouse pads...

extreme4377
01-20-05, 01:53 AM
Which is the best for durability and tracking?

Xtrac, RatPadz, X-Ray, Func, or another brand? Thanks!

MUYA
01-20-05, 02:31 AM
I have a Steelpad 3S! Smooth it be with a MX700! :D

jAkUp
01-20-05, 03:33 AM
I have used Func, and Ratpadz.

Ratpadz all the way baby :)

PaiN
01-20-05, 08:24 AM
I've been nothing but happy with the X-Trac ProHS (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-114-171&depa=0)
I had a Ratpadz for years and it was great, but the surface was definately made for "ball" mice......I don't know if anything has changed with the new Ratz

nVidi0t
01-20-05, 11:45 AM
I have 3 Ratpadz GS. Nothing beats them imho.

$n][pErMan
01-20-05, 04:37 PM
im using the same mouse bad I have had for like 8 years. Works great with my optical mouse. Never knew the mouse bad was that big of a deal with optical these days.

SH64
01-20-05, 04:48 PM
Dunno .. i have a Mickey Mouse pads :p .. got a couple of them for free & they are nice & pretty soft for the mouse .

what i'd really like to get .. is a couple of these :
:D

Riptide
01-20-05, 06:32 PM
Ratpadz are nice. They wear out quick and absolutely suck w/regard to durability though. The coating has a tendency to wear down on the surface quickly. And no, I don't use a ton of pressure on my mouse. ;)

A light coating of pledge spread over the surface helps to keep it smooth and lessen the wear, though they still wear to quick IMO.

GlowStick
01-20-05, 06:42 PM
Ratpadz are nice. They wear out quick and absolutely suck w/regard to durability though. The coating has a tendency to wear down on the surface quickly. And no, I don't use a ton of pressure on my mouse. ;)

A light coating of pledge spread over the surface helps to keep it smooth and lessen the wear, though they still wear to quick IMO.
Seconded,

My surface has big grey spot where im wearing a hole in it.

However they are pritty cheep and the best shape of pad and 'flatness'

I have an everglide wtich isnt compeltely flat on the table so it rocks kind of.

Im about to order a new ratpad to replace my old one, I still love it!

extreme4377
01-20-05, 06:55 PM
looks like Ill be getting the Xtrac HS. Thanks guys. I appreciate it!