PDA

View Full Version : SLI profiles

Cota
01-20-05, 02:08 AM
do your own SLI profiles

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzExLDM=

MUYA
01-20-05, 02:16 AM
Nice find for those folks who have SLI but cannot get some games to work on SLI.

wrugoin
01-20-05, 05:42 AM
do your own SLI profiles

I'd love to see some of the more expirenced members of these boards with SLI try to make one and then bench it. I'd be interested to see if it's that easy to impliment SLI into a game that nVidia has yet to profile themselves.

IMO, the more nVidia drags their feet with with SLI, the more we need 3rd party enthuiests to step up to the challenge.

MUYA
01-20-05, 05:49 AM
They dragging feet? How in the world do you know? Please keep your personal feeling asise in these boards. NV could be quality tetsing games...and there are a hell of lot of games that need testing by the SLi qualification team to see which method best suits that particular game. That is why it is taking time for some games to be adopted into a SLI profile.

jjjj64
01-20-05, 09:09 AM
I modified the profile for Flight Simulator 2004 last night, it was awesome to be flying at 1600x1200 with 8x ansio and 4x AA :)

JimBobb
01-20-05, 09:38 AM
Someone knows a possibility Medal of Honor:Pacific Assault to bring with SLI to running?

jjjj64
01-20-05, 10:15 AM
Someone knows a possibility Medal of Honor:Pacific Assault to bring with SLI to running?

just follow what the last page of the HardOCP article says to do and see what happens

Socos
01-20-05, 10:37 AM
They dragging feet? How in the world do you know? Please keep your personal feeling asise in these boards. NV could be quality tetsing games...and there are a hell of lot of games that need testing by the SLi qualification team to see which method best suits that particular game. That is why it is taking time for some games to be adopted into a SLI profile.

I just don't like the fact that their PR department mentions nothing about these profiles. They just say that it will give you nearly double the performance and fail to mention its only in the popular "Benchmarks"

I would also like to know if the dual core 6600 GT's have this same limitation?

Anyone know??? :eek:

BladeRunner
01-20-05, 01:58 PM
Think there's more to it than that. Unless I'm doing something wrong what ever profile I force on Nolf2 it only runs on one card, (at least there is no load balancing showing). I forced both SLI modes on it and you'd think it would work but maybe render weirdly or something, but It just appears to be ignoring the settings..

Cota
01-20-05, 02:25 PM
I just don't like the fact that their PR department mentions nothing about these profiles. They just say that it will give you nearly double the performance and fail to mention its only in the popular "Benchmarks"

All the SLI advantages and disadvantages apply to the whole range of SLI capable cards.

Cota
01-20-05, 02:26 PM
I modified the profile for Flight Simulator 2004 last night, it was awesome to be flying at 1600x1200 with 8x ansio and 4x AA :)

any numbers on the performance difference with and without SLI?

MUYA
01-20-05, 07:59 PM

I have never read anywhere that NV garaunteed that performance would be doubled. Even at SLI tech launch they said 1.7 at best.

BladeRunner
01-20-05, 08:20 PM
All I've seen is the old "UPTO" statement that all marketing dept's love to use as in "UPTO 2 times the performance" which is true in the case of SLI. I think in some limited circumstances it can be greater than 2x too, but more often less.

Was it Geforce 4 that was touted as UPTO 10 times faster than the previous GF3. Which in honest speaking, meant one specific app designed especially around GF4 ran 10 times slower on GF3 :D

At the end of the day anyone thinking about SLI, and the costs involved would, (should), have investigated exactly what they were likely to get in the real world ;)

Socos
01-20-05, 10:13 PM
I have never read anywhere that NV garaunteed that performance would be doubled. Even at SLI tech launch they said 1.7 at best.

I think we are trying to split hairs here... Regardless of what their claims were they did not mention anything about having to write profiles for each game for it to be supported. At least in the PR statement I read.. All it said was up too double to performance or something like that.. Not quoting them because I am not going to waste my time going back and reading that garbage....

Would be a coo for ATI if their SLI implmentation does not require this sort of intervention from the driver department...

The other thing I would really like to know is if once they release a new card they will just drop the support for the 6x00 series for SLI??

Similar to what they did to all those poor bastards with a Dx9 5x00 card... LMAO!!! The DX9 part is hilarious!!

wrugoin
01-20-05, 10:34 PM
I withdraw my comments and sincerely apologize to Muya for my comments.

MikeC
01-20-05, 10:37 PM
Stop with the smart ass comments. Talk to Muya like that again and you and Socos are out of here.

ChrisRay
01-20-05, 10:50 PM
My personal feelings? I'll post my personal feelings when ever the hell I feel like it. and YES, DRAGGING THEIR FEET! I expect that when a company as established as Nvidia introduces a new technology, it work on more then 15 games. I see that they've made damn sure it works with benchmark programs so the users can advertise and promote the technology for them. So, in my opinion (which we all have the right to give) I feel that we need users to expirement and make their own profiles (and post them) for those games not included in Nvidia's working SLI list.

Not smart buddy. Not smart at all.

Clay
01-20-05, 10:56 PM
My personal feelings? I'll post my personal feelings when ever the hell I feel like it. and YES, DRAGGING THEIR FEET! I expect that when a company as established as Nvidia introduces a new technology, it work on more then 15 games. I see that they've made damn sure it works with benchmark programs so the users can advertise and promote the technology for them. So, in my opinion (which we all have the right to give) I feel that we need users to expirement and make their own profiles (and post them) for those games not included in Nvidia's working SLI list.You can post your personal feelings within reason. However, you're making baseless accusations and you offer nothing in the way of reinforcing your position. That's a sure sign of flamebait regardless of what company it's regarding (NVIDIA, ATI, etc). Of course a company with new tech will make sure it works with an initial subset of cases. ATI has done the same thing one way or another (HL2 anyone?)...nothing new under the sun and it's hardly a foot to stand on.

wshadow
01-20-05, 11:05 PM
i say BAN that guy, he is obviously a dumb noob

Clay
01-20-05, 11:10 PM
easy...the mods can decide and take care of this. He's had fair warning and full explanation, noobs are just that and get a little slack at times.

MUYA
01-20-05, 11:22 PM
My personal feelings? I'll post my personal feelings when ever the hell I feel like it. .
NO you will not. Not on these forums. You feeling is not constructive to any discussion here. Consider this a final warning. Clean up or get banned.

Socos
01-21-05, 07:12 AM
Stop with the smart ass comments. Talk to Muya like that again and you and Socos are out of here.

Wow... kind of like the bush administration around here... Don't bother Mike.. I will exercise my right to free speech and keep my thoughts to myself.. I thought this was a discussion board... My mistake..
:eek:

Edit: Okay after looking over my comments and the other gentlemans comments I can clearly see where his "Opinion" is not very constructive.. However, I don't see anything that I said to be offensive to Muya.. Maybe offensive to NV, but not Muya..

Regardless. Its your board.. run it the way you want to.. and as I said before I will keep my comments to myself.. Beyond3D and Rage3d don't seem to mind a little difference of opinion. :thumbdwn:

MUYA
01-21-05, 08:32 AM
Well Socos feel free to take you free speech elsewhere. Here we welcome discuission with merit. That certainly wasn;t the case in your post: "http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=521261&postcount=14".

Just off topic rant and also a needless jibe at NV SLI tech, and a jibe at the FX 5X00 series which is also unwarranted and unrelated here.

This is a privatly owned forum board. It is a privilege to post here and those privileges can be taken away without discussion by Mike or a mod appointed by him. This can be done without any questions asked because we see it fit that that member is not contributing in any way but just out to be smart ass with the forum mods or admins.

MUYA
01-21-05, 08:36 AM
Enough of the off topic rants. Back to topic everybody please

retsam
01-21-05, 03:20 PM
has anybody tested starwars galaxies yet in sli mode .... and if so can you guys post some benchmarks .... im getting sli soon and thats the main game that i play and i would really like to know ....