PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Enermax NoiseTaker?

Greg
01-20-05, 07:40 AM
I have the 475W PSU. When I use MBM (MotherBoard Monitor) to check the fan speed, it says zero. If I turn the manual speed dial up on the PSU, it gets to about 1600 RPM. Note that when MBM says the fan is at 0 RPM the fan is visibly spinning.

I was just wondering what other people get for the fan speed?

PaiN
01-20-05, 07:53 AM
Is the PSU fan connented to the motherboard? There's usually a sensor wire from the PSU fan that connects to a 3-pin header on the mobo.

r2d2d3d4d5
01-20-05, 01:47 PM
I have the 475W PSU. When I use MBM (MotherBoard Monitor) to check the fan speed, it says zero. If I turn the manual speed dial up on the PSU, it gets to about 1600 RPM. Note that when MBM says the fan is at 0 RPM the fan is visibly spinning.

I was just wondering what other people get for the fan speed?
Quite often if the fan speed is too low then the motherboard won’t pick it up. The fan speed is probably related to the power going down the sensor line. If the fan speed is too low then there won't be enough power going down the line to get a reading.

Greg
01-20-05, 06:01 PM
The PSU is connected to the MB. It has a fan sensor only, the power pin is missing (since it is from the PSU of course). I think you might be right that it simply doesn't detect the low speed, or maybe the calculation is different from other fans for some reason. As I said, I do get a reading, but only when I manually turn the fan up to a higher speed. It has its own temperature and load sensors and will speed up by itself even I don't adjust it.

My older PSU fan used to run at 2000-3000rpm depending on temperature. None of the PSU fans I've had have ever come close to the power or noise of a standard 80x25mm (~4000rpm ?) fan which makes me wonder why they bother putting a speed control on the thing, instead of just running at max speed always.

All I'm really interested in, is someone else reporting their fan speed as shown by MBM or other monitoring software. (For any of the new Enermax Noisetakers.)