PDA

View Full Version : problems after 6800nu install

gram_vaz
01-21-05, 04:29 PM
i installed the 6800nu and now i'm missing 256mb ram. it only posts with 768mb ram. and i also can't oc my cpu anymore. the bios tells me the cpu is unworkable and won't let me boot unless i put the cpu speed at default. i already tried resetting cmos.

wrugoin
01-21-05, 07:02 PM
i installed the 6800nu and now i'm missing 256mb ram. it only posts with 768mb ram. and i also can't oc my cpu anymore. the bios tells me the cpu is unworkable and won't let me boot unless i put the cpu speed at default. i already tried resetting cmos.

Well, the first thing I would want to do is isolate the problem. First put the old videocard back in the computer and see if you see your full 1GB of ram and can overclock your CPU. If so, then you can assume with greater probability that the video card is the problem. If not, and you still see the problems, you may have a mobo issue. Caused by what? Who knows??? Did you use a static guard when installing? (I know, who really does)

I'd make sure your mobo's bios was fully up-to-date. I know the latest updates on mine gave support to the 5 and 6 series Nvidia cards. But I say again, isolate the problem, try working backwards and recreating the problem to be sure which component is giving you problems.

It may not solve your problems, but it may be a good start. Hope it helps, Good luck.