PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek 6600 agp

ajac
01-22-05, 12:11 AM
I just got this card a few days ago and to help making the upgrade processes go better I formated the hard drive and reinstalled windows xp(been needing to do this anyway) I've installed the latest non beta offical drivers for it and the computer has been freezing up at random times. I turned off fast writes in the bios but is thier anything else I can do? Here are my system stats:

AMD 64 3000+
gigabye k8 nforce 3 board
1 gig DDR 3200
Leadtek 6600 agp
Sound blaster audigy
power supply is 400 but output is only 380 which is 30 above the minumum I know. Got 2 hard drives one DVD-RW running off it a ATI- TVE light card and I use my mothearboards lan connection. so any help is appreacted.

Anthony

john19055
01-22-05, 03:38 AM
I don't know what kind of power supply you have ,but if it does not have enough amps on the 12v line this will cause those kind of problems,and they are other little things that can cause lockups,on mine I had to set the AGP voltage to 1.6v instead of it default voltage of 1.5v and some memory needs a little more voltage to be stable,plus if your timeing are set to tight will cause problems.You really can't go by how many watts a power supply put out ,you need to check to see how many amps you have on each rail.Even trying different drivers may help,I seem to find that some drivers are not as stable as others.