PDA

View Full Version : Alternate coolers for 6800GT?

SquireSCA
01-22-05, 11:26 AM
I am looking for alternate coolers for the 6800GT. Other than the NVS5 that is.

I am looking for something that cools better than the PNY stock cooler, but it not as large as a brick like the NV Silencer. I would like it quiet though.

Any idears?

Are there stock coolers from other vendors that work better/quieter, that you can buy?

raid-5
01-22-05, 11:43 AM
zalman fanless heatpipes are all not support, so, may be the VF700-Cu

or go for Thermaltake or coolermaster's heatpipe ones.

the most awesome one I saw is

http://www.evercool.com.tw/products/vc_rhb.htm

review says it is silent either!

have a try :D

SquireSCA
01-22-05, 11:49 AM
Sweet jesus, that Evercool unit is a monster. While quiet, that would have to be larger than the NVS5.

I will look at the Zalman cooler, but I am not sure of that one will work. I read a review on it and it was not all that great, although their CPU coolers kick ass.

JoKeRr
01-22-05, 02:35 PM
The new Tt heatpipe with external copper fins looks to be really good, should be worth a try, but it doesn't cool the ram.

otherwise, get the eVGA copper and slow the fan down.

SquireSCA
01-22-05, 03:27 PM
The new Tt heatpipe with external copper fins looks to be really good, should be worth a try, but it doesn't cool the ram.

otherwise, get the eVGA copper and slow the fan down.

Hmmm... Where can one purchase the eVGA copper cooler? I have not been able to find any for sale...

GlowStick
01-22-05, 03:50 PM
Hmmm... Where can one purchase the eVGA copper cooler? I have not been able to find any for sale...
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=202-F1-EV19-01

14.95 + Shipping

I belive EVGA's website is the only store where you can purchase them at.

raid-5
01-23-05, 08:40 AM
the stock fan is just too loud

Slammin
01-23-05, 11:31 AM
The NV-5 has been updated to address the 'bad fit' issue some have experienced with the original. I really am pleased with my NV-5 even though it is the older model.