PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I need for my xbox!

PSYCHODAD
01-22-05, 02:47 PM
http://www.magicxfps.com/

EciDemon
01-22-05, 03:31 PM
Yep, seen those for the Ps2 as well.

Would be cool cos for some reason I can not get my Mouse/Keyboard to work in Killzone. Ive red that the game should have mouse/keyboard support.

MustangSVT
01-22-05, 10:55 PM
This thing is useless. So you plug in a keyboard and a mouse to say, play Halo 2 with it. It basically defeats the purpose of having a console -> sit on the couch, be relaxed, use a simple controller. :rolleyes:

Plus not to mention the fact that for example Halo 2 and probably other shooters too help you aim with the controller. Not only that, the game itself as in difficulty is still made for you to play with a controller.

What's the purpose of playing on a console if not to get away from sitting on the chair in front of a monitor, but stay more feet away from the TV and comfortably enjoying a shooter.

The console games are made for controllers. Period. If you want to play shooters with a KB/Mouse, turn off the XBOX and get back to the PC to play Half-Life 2 or Battlefield or whatever. :cool:

EciDemon
01-22-05, 11:56 PM
I have a cordless keyboard/mouse so i sit where I want.

I like FPS games alot and In general only play them on my puter as its so much better with mouse and keyboard.

But I like console games too alot (i have 2 ps2:s a game cube and a snes for old times sake) Ive had numerous consoles before too. Just a part of me.

Well ... point is, Dual stick in Fps's will never give the feel like a mouse and keyboard does. there has been only two games that Im aware of that does indeed have great controlls, and thats Metroid Prime 1 and 2. Really exelent controlls.

But the fact is, Console Fps's are ment for the game pad and those games would be far too easy with mouse/keyboard ... .. .
But id still like to use them in such games where possible

jAkUp
01-23-05, 12:19 AM
Isnt that kinda cheating? Cuz most players dont have mouse/keyboard...

nVidi0t
01-23-05, 12:57 AM
It ruins the balance of FPS games. The game is designed with the controller in mind, I cant imagine playing through the X-box version of Halo with a keyboard and mouse, it would just be ownage.

Mr. Hunt
01-23-05, 12:58 AM
Hmmm... for some reason the page refuses to display properly lol... all I see is a white page :\.

nVidi0t
01-23-05, 01:16 AM
Same here.

alucard_x
01-23-05, 01:47 AM
liksang has fragjoy, similar thing for both xbox and ps2

EciDemon
01-23-05, 05:07 AM
Well, i wont actually buy one of those converters, I just think it would be cool to try Killzone with mouse and keyboard (as the dual stick controlls really suck in this game, same controlls in Mercenaries works lots better).

But alas I can not get it to work (trying to connect my Logitec Duo MX kit on the usb). Keyboard only works in main menu ...

Lfctony
01-23-05, 08:06 AM
The other day, I plugged in my USB keyboard and it just worked, that's on the PS2 though. I suppose my mouse will work the same way. Doesn't the Xbox support a mouse/keyboard?

MustangSVT
01-23-05, 08:12 PM
It ruins the balance of FPS games. The game is designed with the controller in mind, I cant imagine playing through the X-box version of Halo with a keyboard and mouse, it would just be ownage.
That's what I'm trying to say.

GamerGuyX
01-23-05, 08:28 PM
The other day, I plugged in my USB keyboard and it just worked, that's on the PS2 though. I suppose my mouse will work the same way. Doesn't the Xbox support a mouse/keyboard?Doesn't the Xbox support a mouse/keyboard?

Why would you think that? There aren't even USB inputs on the Xbox. Microsoft themselves have even stated that they don't want people using a mouse/keyboard combo with the Xbox because it makes it to much like a PC.

GamerGuyX
01-23-05, 08:30 PM
I cant imagine playing through the X-box version of Halo with a keyboard and mouse, it would just be ownage.

You know not everybody is better playing with a keyboard and mouse. I actually do a lot better playing with a controller in Halo.

GamerGuyX
01-23-05, 08:35 PM
It basically defeats the purpose of having a console -> sit on the couch, be relaxed, use a simple controller. :rolleyes:

Just because controllers are made to be played with a console doesn't mean you have to use them. Hell, the only reason I play consoles is because certain games only come out for them that don't come out for PC.

marqmajere
01-23-05, 08:58 PM
It ruins the balance of FPS games.

Everyone has the ability to get one of these adapters.