PDA

View Full Version : Abit NF7 or NF7-S??????????

2wiced
01-22-05, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, im new to these forums. so HI!

Now onto my question. I just bought my water cooling TT bigwater, and i am thinking of ordering a mobile 2600, because at the moment i have a 2500+. Now i have an MSI k7n2 delta L, will that mobo be enuff to reach 2.6-2.7 ghz?/?.

If you have an answer, or currently are using a mobile 2600+ or have used plz post opinions.

Also if you have used the BIGWATER or MSI k7n2 delta, plz feel free to post.

I NEED OPINIONS,HELP,Answers, ANYTHING :D :D :D :D :D

well thanks guys see ya. :afro:

Rytr
01-22-05, 05:25 PM
Don't understand why you titled the thread the way you did(?)

The MSI K7N2 Delta L is a good board and decent overclocker. It is not equal to the NF7-S in my limited experience (I have had 3 NF7-S boards and still run one with a Barton 3000+). 2.6GHz would be an extreme overclock on the MSI but I have not seen one running the 2600+ M processor so I would guess it would be possible with the right ram.

saturnotaku
01-22-05, 06:23 PM
Right RAM, right power supply, right CPU, there are lots of unknowns here. There are no guarantees you'll be able to run anywhere near those speeds. Usually folks with overclocks that high are running even more exotic (think phase change) cooling setups.

chile
01-23-05, 08:21 PM
2.6 is doable on air...however, you don't see too many doing it with the MSI board, mostly NF7's and DFI's (Lanparty and Infinity)...i take it the bigwater is a prefab kit from thermaltake...it will do the trick for you but custom set ups allow more flexibility and better performance a majority of the time...