PDA

View Full Version : how high can i raise agp voltage?

gram_vaz
01-23-05, 03:11 AM
will it let me reach higher oc's? what's the maximum safest level i can raise agp voltage in bios?

i have a 6800nu oc'ed 390/800

rewt
01-23-05, 04:25 AM
Depends on the BIOS. Mine goes to 1.8v. But it makes no difference what-so-ever in overclocking potential. At least not for my system.

jAkUp
01-23-05, 04:34 AM
You need to reflash the BIOS to get more voltage out of the card... not worth it.

saturnotaku
01-23-05, 11:15 AM
Many people have claimed that it actually LOWERED their maximum overclock potential when they increased their voltage.

I can attest to that. Leave it alone.

Slammin
01-23-05, 11:26 AM
Some overclockers say that raising your mobo AGP voltage to 1.65 results in more stable overclocks of the system/cpu, since it provides more voltage to the northbridge. This is not the same as volt-modding your gfx card though.

As for over-volting your 6800 via gfx card bios, I'd also advise against doing that.

01-23-05, 01:31 PM
i may try this to fix my freezing problem, not by much. what you reckon?

(will i have to update Bios on my 6800gt?)

keith33
01-23-05, 01:33 PM
I used to get a lot of stuttering in HL2 and Farcry; however, after changing the AGP voltage from 1.5v to 1.6v everything runs insanely smooth. The voltage doesn't actually go to the video card so I doubt you could fry anything if you were reasonable, so I'd say go for it. Good luck!

john19055
01-23-05, 05:44 PM
Raiseing your agp voltage is not going to give you better overclocking IMO ,raiseing a little may make your system more stable but I don't think you will get it to overclock any better,I run mine at 1.6v simlpy because it was more stable then 1.5v.

gram_vaz
01-23-05, 08:38 PM
well, i ran it at 1.6v and after a while it made the entire screen pink. even at the bios post screen. changed it back to 1.5v and everything is fine now.

noko
01-24-05, 10:16 AM
Been running my GT .1v overvolted for 6 months, still going strong and able to OC much better. Now overvolt your GPU if You are willing and will ignore any warranty that your card has. I gave up a lifetime warranty on mine.
be ready for your card to just fail on you at the most fun point in the most awesome game you ever played
you don't mind smelling smoke or see your $400+ investment turn into carbon dust
getting a few extra FPS is worth all the gold in the world for you
you share your results good or bad so that others can benefit from your failure or success and never take credit for your success nor blame anyone else for your failure ;)
you don't mind experimenting and you find it fun like bungy jumping, or jumping out of planes nude
you don't have any opposite sex experience or lacking current engagements
And the number one reason to overvolt your GPU is because IT IS THERE