PDA

View Full Version : Asus Non SLI Nforce4 board?

gate1975mlm
01-23-05, 08:22 PM
Anyone know when the heck the Asus Non SLI Nforce4 board is coming out? I mean its almost FEB.

jbirney
01-25-05, 07:50 AM
yea I have been looking for a non-sli NF4 mobo as well with no luck so far...

Filibuster
01-25-05, 10:08 AM
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 have been out for almost a month. I had mine a few days before Christmas but I traded it back for a Gigabyte SLI board.

They aren't NF4 Ultra though, in case you're wondering.

jAkUp
01-25-05, 12:10 PM
Why do you want a non SLI board, you can always just run one card with the SLI boards...

jbirney
01-26-05, 07:57 AM
Why do you want a non SLI board, you can always just run one card with the SLI boards...

According to the MSRP on some of these vendors web sites you could save your self up to $100 by going the non-sli route and use that 100$ else where. For example to get maybe the next bigger HDD size, bump the CPU one speed grade higher, get the "ultra" version of the video card you wanted. However a smart person would take that $100 they saved and spend it on your lady as when she finds out you just blew a grand on a PC with out spending money on her....welll yea :) But not with non-sli being somewhat MIA and SLI boards starting to fall...who knows..any more.. For some maybe its the why spend the extra cash on something you dont plan on using?????

Daneel Olivaw
01-26-05, 08:00 AM
However a smart person would take that $100 they saved and spend it on your lady as when she finds out you just blew a grand on a PC with out spending money on her....welll yea :)
I did just that when I bought that OCZ Plat rev.2... :angel:

Absolution
01-26-05, 06:31 PM
msi nforce 4 ultra boards are avalible at newegg atm

jbirney
01-27-05, 01:11 PM
msi nforce 4 ultra boards are avalible at newegg atm

yea just saw that. $130 is not bad either..