PDA

View Full Version : nVIDIA Memory Controller

superklye
01-23-05, 08:54 PM
Does anyone else use the ForceWare memory controller? I just got to thinking that maybe this is what is causing my mobo to have problems with all the RAM I get...?

Am_I_Evil
01-23-05, 09:06 PM
Does anyone else use the ForceWare memory controller? I just got to thinking that maybe this is what is causing my mobo to have problems with all the RAM I get...?

always install all motherboard drivers....(with the exception of the older Nvidia IDE drivers)

MUYA
01-23-05, 09:07 PM
What are you on about Forceware memory controller? The memory controller is part of the chipset and has to be used (and needs to be there) to communicate data to and fro CPU to memory. There maybe some issues with some brands of memory modules, doubles sided ones when in Dual channel mode.

superklye
01-23-05, 09:15 PM
I thought the memory controller was an optional install

MUYA
01-23-05, 09:18 PM
actually when i had a nforce2 mobo i neva had an option to install memory controller drivers! hmmmust be new thing in the new drivers.

But memory controller is on hardware erm northbridge chip

superklye
01-23-05, 10:14 PM
sigh, I dunno. I'm just gonna get the NF7-S, I think.

netviper13
01-23-05, 10:27 PM
There's definitely not an option to install a memory controller, because memory controllers are hardware. You might be thinking of the nVidia SW IDE driver, which is an optional install.

Am_I_Evil
01-23-05, 10:51 PM
There's definitely not an option to install a memory controller

:rofl

http://img173.exs.cx/img173/2609/nf2memory1oo.jpg

yes install the drivers for the memory controller....or it obviously will not work correctly....

netviper13
01-23-05, 10:55 PM
:rofl
yes install the drivers for the memory controller....or it obviously will not work correctly....

A.) Windows has default drivers it automatically installs for the Memory Controller, otherwise your computer would not work at all until installing the nForce drivers.

B.) In the setup program for the Forceware drivers, there is no checkbox for Memory Controller drivers.

Am_I_Evil
01-23-05, 11:11 PM
B.) In the setup program for the Forceware drivers, there is no checkbox for Memory Controller drivers.

:wtf:

http://img180.exs.cx/img180/4069/nf2memory10ok.jpg

any more gems for me???

(there's just not an updated version in every release....this is the 5.10, the last official release on Nvidia.com)

jAkUp
01-23-05, 11:14 PM
I never get the memory controller checkbox, maybe it depends on the board.

Am_I_Evil
01-23-05, 11:16 PM
I never get the memory controller checkbox, maybe it depends on the board.

unless i'm wrong...i believe this thread is about NF2 boards....

the NF4 boards don't need the Nvidia memory controller because isn't the memory controller part of the CPU & not the motherboard

jAkUp
01-23-05, 11:23 PM
ah yes, the memory controller is on die. Dunno what I'm thinking..hehe

netviper13
01-23-05, 11:41 PM
I stand corrected. Guess I just don't pay enough attention anymore.