PDA

View Full Version : NV Silencer on Gainward 6800GT?

Melhisedek
01-24-05, 12:54 AM
Will it fit? I have mailed Arctic cooling twice already but didn't get any answer :( So does anyone here have done this? I'm so damn tired of this card and it's noise levels are unbereable, can't sleep at night (Folding) So any info is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

toxikneedle
01-24-05, 01:21 AM
I found my gainward almost dead silent in 2d mode, and if its not for you... you can always open up expertool and manual set the fan speed and at the lowest level its not that loud really...As far as cooling, I dont think anything comes close to the cooling that gainward provides, just the heatsinks alone... but I guess noise is the issue for you :\.

jAkUp
01-24-05, 01:47 AM
The card should fit fine, is there a reason it wouldn't fit? All nvidia cards are usually the same minus the cooling design.

Melhisedek
01-24-05, 01:49 AM
Problem is that I use Linux often and I don't have gainward tool there + that I find even 2D speed as noisy :/
Cooling is not a problem as my temps are great, but the damn noise...

$n][pErMan
01-24-05, 01:52 AM
Problem is that I use Linux often and I don't have gainward tool there + that I find even 2D speed as noisy :/
Which means your always running at 100% which Iguess could get annoying when trying to sleep. Mine runs at like 60% idle I think.... does not bother me one bit. And cools the card very nice.

Melhisedek
01-24-05, 02:02 AM
The card should fit fine, is there a reason it wouldn't fit? All nvidia cards are usually the same minus the cooling design.

No idea, was just about to order it when I read recension from this guy on komplett.se about how it didn't fit his ASUS 6800, so I got a little alarmed...

TeaEtchSee
01-24-05, 10:45 AM
gainward has a nice coolin system...

but if u want a quiter 3dcard...get the NV5....the DHES is a nice thing but i didnt notice the difference in coolin as much when it came to MAX loading...but idle was a good 45c :)

Melhisedek
01-24-05, 01:43 PM
It fitted just fine :) Temps are lower at somewhat higher clocks (can be because of better TIM but still)
My ears will have some peace at last!!!