PDA

View Full Version : Really good F.E.A.R. interview

jAkUp
01-24-05, 02:40 PM
Usually I wouldn't post interviews, but I thought this one was really good, touched on alot of bases in this one.

Heres a snip:

UK JOURNALIST #1
Will you play alongside AI controlled characters at any point?

KEVIN STEPHENS
There are places in the game where you have your partners. It isn't something that we want to focus on because then you have to control them and it becomes a problem, and I would say what we have is closer to scripted scenarios. When the game is close to a pivotal story point you might get to play with another character.

UK JOURNALIST #1
So it's not like Half-Life 2 where you can order them to...

KEVIN STEPHENS
...get stuck behind you in hallways? No.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57673

nVidi0t
01-24-05, 02:58 PM
Thanks man! I'm loving the supernatural aspect of the game..

PeterJensen
01-24-05, 03:42 PM
that game sounds so amazing.

superklye
01-24-05, 03:52 PM
UK JOURNALIST #1
So it's not like Half-Life 2 where you can order them to...

KEVIN STEPHENS
...get stuck behind you in hallways? No.
This is priceless.

Sazar
01-24-05, 04:09 PM
I thought the hl2 allies were pretty decent considering they didn't shoot you full of holes :D

besides the ant lions were the single most brilliant allies I've ever had :D

WeReWoLf
01-24-05, 04:48 PM
besides the ant lions were the single most brilliant allies I've ever had :D

Damn Straight.

BioHazZarD
01-24-05, 04:48 PM
But one thing i dont get is. what does Fear have that HL2,Doom3,FarCry etc has not showed already ? Good graphics is not the only thing today to make an FPS interesting.

jAkUp
01-24-05, 04:55 PM
It has slow motion, even in multiplayer! better A.I. (probably) Hand to hand combat, etc.

Plus, they aren't gonna say all its features yet

nutcrackr
01-24-05, 06:26 PM
bagging hl2? that loses them some points in my book ;)

Vagrant Zero
01-25-05, 01:54 AM
HL2 had it coming. If I could at least have killed my allies it wouldn't have been so bad. Coulda mowed'em outa my way.

Darkoz
01-25-05, 07:23 AM
UK JOURNALIST #1
"So it's not like Half-Life 2 where you can order them to..."

KEVIN STEPHENS
"...get stuck behind you in hallways? No."

Hehe....too true.

DivotMaker
01-25-05, 07:49 AM
HL2 had it coming.

Maybe so, but it does show a lack of respect on Stephens' part. I get seeing comments like that in an internet forum, but I do NOT get that kind of criticism in an article. I have always felt that it is better to discuss the best features of your OWN product instead of bashing a feature of competitive product. I am quite positive that end-users will discover issues with Stephens' game similar to those found HL2 and virtually every other PC game....

superklye
01-25-05, 10:56 AM
Stephens is probably a democrat.

"I have a plan...it'll be like HL2, but better because HL2 is wrong. It's all laid out on my website, 'www.fear.com.' HL2 was the wrong game at the wrong time."

Ninjaman09
01-25-05, 11:27 AM
Yes I found the crack he took at HL2 a little distasteful but really he was probably just kidding around.

SH64
01-25-05, 11:35 AM
This is priceless.

Indeed :D