PDA

View Full Version : Pariah on May 3, 2005

superklye
01-25-05, 06:23 PM
GROOVE GAMES SETS OFFICIAL SHIP DATE FOR PARIAH

Eager Gamers Should Ready Their Skills For May 3rd

TORONTO - January 25, 2005 - After almost a year since its unveiling, Groove Games, a global interactive entertainment software publisher, today announced the official ship date for the highly touted first-person action game, Pariah. The game, being developed by First-Person Shooter (FPS) aficionados, Digital Extremes will hit retail worldwide on May 3, 2005 for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and the PC.

"Pariah is looking impressive," said Jon Walsh, CEO of Groove Games. "The team at Digital Extremes has really pulled out all the stops to make a mark in the FPS genre with Pariah. And, on May 3rd gamers everywhere will get to experience the polish and hard work that has gone into making Pariah the next big, must-have FPS."

Announced last March, Pariah has steadily gained awareness as a game to watch after it was awarded Biggest Surprise at the industry's Electronic Entertainment Expo by IGN.com last spring. It has been revealed that the game intertwines a compelling story, evolutionary gameplay and stunning visuals to create an impressively immersive single-player campaign as well as a fully loaded multi-player component.

Groove Games is publishing the game in North America while Hip Interactive Europe will distribute and publish the title in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. For more information on the game visit the official website at www.pariahgame.com.
-------------------------------------------------

So it's going to be out like 2 months later than expected, but that's fine...I'm sure this game will rock and it's out the same day the new NIN is out. :)

Vagrant Zero
01-26-05, 01:30 AM
Damn, I was hoping it would make Feb.

superklye
01-26-05, 01:32 AM
I really was too, or March at the latest...but that's alright: May is shaping up to be great. Unreal Engine 2.5, the return of Family Guy, the return of NIN, school ending...yeah, it'll be a good month. :)

Pariah looks positively badass.

Edge
01-26-05, 02:51 AM
It looks alright, but I'll wait to see how it turns out before getting excited. It really just sounds like an Unreal 2.5 to me (appropriate, given the engine it's running on...), at least from what I've seen of it.

jbirney
01-26-05, 08:00 AM
Arrrggg I really hate it when they make release dates so far out. So many things could go wrong to cause them to delay. And when a game is delayed we get all pissy...lets just hope no one steals thier code //cheap rim shot please :)

EciDemon
01-26-05, 08:14 AM
Unreal engine 2.5 ?

When I saw the screen shots i was thinking to my self "this reminds me alot of Unreal 2". hehe. That explains it.

So whats new in Unreal engine 2.5 ?

superklye
01-26-05, 10:27 AM
I don't remember the exact feature list, but it's got a bunch of stuff from Unreal Engine 3, but not the whole features list, hence the 2.5 moniker.

aAv7
01-26-05, 04:04 PM
I really was too, or March at the latest...but that's alright: May is shaping up to be great. Unreal Engine 2.5, the return of Family Guy, the return of NIN, school ending...yeah, it'll be a good month. :)

Pariah looks positively badass.

I thought with teeth was coming out 3/25 ?

Vagrant Zero
01-26-05, 07:45 PM
What's NIN?

superklye
01-26-05, 07:51 PM
What's NIN?
:eek:

I hope you're kidding, dude...Nine Inch Nails...

superklye
01-26-05, 07:51 PM
I thought with teeth was coming out 3/25 ?
Nope, it was announced as 5/3/05 on the NIN site (www.nin.com) on the 22nd or something like that.

Vagrant Zero
01-26-05, 07:58 PM
:eek:

I hope you're kidding, dude...Nine Inch Nails...

I thought it was them but they have nothing to do with this thread [or tech in general] so I figured you might have meant something else.

And Heavy Metal > Industrial. :D

superklye
01-26-05, 09:43 PM
And Heavy Metal > Industrial. :D
pfft.

NIN is what I listen to whilst gaming most of the time, so now I'll have a new game AND new NIN. :)