Cold and Hot Welded on to machined billet connectors
Heavy Duty 8 Gauge Professional cable w/ Ferrite impregnated jacket
Advanced material overcoat with 4 shields
Features 99.9% Ultra Pure stranded copper
High-end PC Power Cables

$69.99

:eek:

http://www.blackholecables.com/files/toptogether-8-small2.gif

They have really 1337 networking cable also :)

superklye
01-26-05, 01:26 AM
Good lord why? Is it really worth $70?

sytaylor
01-26-05, 02:54 AM
For a freakin powercable, and no inbuilt UPS? BAH!

FastM
01-26-05, 04:37 AM
the Amps i get from Classe Audio come with something that looks exactly like it....

I actually got one for my PC to :)

Never in a million years would i say its worth 70$ to buy on its own though...

Viral
01-26-05, 05:32 AM
I'd buy one just to see what a ferret impregnated jacket looks like.

Superfly
01-26-05, 06:42 AM
oh dear 1337 power cords........

sad as can be.

sytaylor
01-26-05, 07:23 AM
I think its kinda hypocritical to be calling something sad on a renowned geek website don't you? :p

Daneel Olivaw
01-26-05, 07:24 AM
I'd buy one just to see what a ferret impregnated jacket looks like.
bwahaaaahaa! :udawg:

Riptide
01-26-05, 09:07 AM
Waste of $$ IMO.

Kinda reminds me of some of the $100 U320 SCSI cables I've seen for sale.

Daneel Olivaw
01-26-05, 09:24 AM
oh dear 1337 power cords........

sad as can be.
It's all relative, Jakup did spend more on his vid cards than I have on my whole system... so a 70$ power cable is not that surprising. ;)
I might consider such a cable if it was glow in the dark!

Superfly
01-26-05, 11:35 AM
I think its kinda hypocritical to be calling something sad on a renowned geek website don't you? :p

nah not at all.

sad is sad, does'nt matter were you find it.

$n][pErMan
01-26-05, 11:37 AM
Modded power cables for $70 ... LOL. I wish I had that kind of money to waste on stupid crap. :)

Marcos
01-26-05, 12:24 PM
this is something that would be sold at best buy. "gold plated" usb cables for 40$ come to mind

Cota
01-26-05, 12:58 PM
boy that would be great for my S&M sessions...

eerrr... I mean... never mind...

jjjj64
01-26-05, 02:19 PM
funny thing is the wiring in your house is going to be inferior compared to your power cord, and that will be much harder to replace

Greg
01-27-05, 05:25 AM
I went to a Hi-Fi shop once and saw this gold plated, center drive single CD player worth $5k. The shop guy told me how the thing is perfectly balanced to never skip and read the disk real well even if there are vibrations in the room. I was thinking, havn't these guys heard of a 'buffer'?

nVidi0t
01-27-05, 05:12 PM
Well considering that power cables make a considerable difference to the performance of sound equipment (amplifiers/speakers) its perfectly understandable that the cord would be so expensive. Hey, I have seen way worse (100 pound per meter).

It cost me a few hundred bucks to rig up my PC/Amp with monster cabling...

Bill The Cat
01-27-05, 07:44 PM
Well considering that power cables make a considerable difference to the performance of sound equipment (amplifiers/speakers) its perfectly understandable that the cord would be so expensive. Hey, I have seen way worse (100 pound per meter).

It cost me a few hundred bucks to rig up my PC/Amp with monster cabling...

Power cables make a significant difference to a computer like a steering wheel makes to a car. It either works or it doesn't, there's not much in-between. :-P

Tr1cK
01-28-05, 07:18 PM
funny thing is the wiring in your house is going to be inferior compared to your power cord, and that will be much harder to replace

You're absolutely right. You have to consider the wiring to the outlet will probably be only 12 gauge max, so the 8 gauge is a waste since you're limited to the size of the smallest wires capacity (8 is bigger than 12). And, you also have to consider how high quality the cheap romex type wire insulation is in your house and how it is most likey strung everywhere in the wall. Not to mention the $3 outlet itself. Total waste if you just plug it in the wall or to an outlet strip. It would probably work well if you are coming off a large buffered battery backup.

jAkUp
01-28-05, 10:53 PM
Haha I forgot about the wiring of the house :)

jAkUp
09-16-05, 07:00 PM
bah! I still want one :D

Riptide
09-16-05, 07:03 PM
Holy thread revival batman! :)

I want one, but it needs to be for free. The wiring in the house being of a lot smaller gauge and quality than this thing is pretty pertinent IMO.