PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever at E3??!!

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
01-26-05, 05:18 PM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6412

3D Realms itself is still working on Duke Nukem Forever, the long delayed sequel to Duke Nukem 3D, which is expected to be present at E3 this year in some form - although previous E3 showings a few years ago came to nothing when the project switched engine, and 3D Realms still refuses to commit to any release date for the title.

WeReWoLf
01-26-05, 05:31 PM
Holy crap it's actually coming!

Graphicmaniac
01-26-05, 06:11 PM
i'll probably be grandfather when it will be released ehehe

SH64
01-26-05, 06:19 PM
i'll probably be grandfather when it will be released ehehe

Yeah it will create a good bed story for your grand children :D
"once upon a time .. there was a game called Duke Nukem Forever being develpoed by 3DRealms , we all heard about it but no one ever managed to see it yet... "

Edge
01-26-05, 07:10 PM
Heh, I'll file this news under the "I'll believe it when I see it" section. Would be cool if it was true though, the 1 trailer they ever released for Duke Nukem Forever looked pretty badass...of course, that was 4 years ago and the've completely redesigned the game since then...

GlowStick
01-26-05, 07:11 PM
meh!

aAv7
01-26-05, 07:47 PM
and today's winner for most useless news...gamesindustry.biz :p :D

superklye
01-26-05, 08:52 PM
All I can think about when I hear anything about this game is "Daikatana"

|JuiceZ|
01-26-05, 09:06 PM
"......nothing to see here move on......"

:rolleyes:

Edge
01-26-05, 09:58 PM
Heh, for those interested, here's a link to the 2001 trailer of the game. It actually looks pretty nice to be honest. Besides, you owe it to yourself to see the ONLY material that will probably ever be released for the game. That way when you're old and your grandkids ask you what Duke Nukem Forever was, you can tell them about the day you saw it in action for the first, and last, time :p

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=1064&type=wmv

brady
01-26-05, 10:22 PM
i still think someone should run with the "Puke Lukem" (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44655) idea.

superklye
01-26-05, 10:42 PM
i still think someone should run with the "Puke Lukem" (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44655) idea.
hahahaha...it's so classic :)

jAkUp
01-26-05, 10:54 PM
Well, I'm going to E3 this year and if these is no Duke Nukem Forever, I will personally drive down to George Broussard's office and tempt him with some flowers... or something... :D

SH64
01-26-05, 11:01 PM
Well, I'm going to E3 this year and if these is no Duke Nukem Forever, I will personally drive down to George Broussard's office and tempt him with some flowers... or something... :D

I'm expecting a loooong report from you for this year's E3 .. just like last year :)
& a lot of pics !!

jAkUp
01-26-05, 11:32 PM
Of course :D Plus more booth babes than you can shake a stick at ;) Me and nrdstrm will have the full report :cool:

I think that Duke Nukem Forever will someday show up, I mean they licensed a physics engine (a good one at that) I don't believe they would spend money for nothing :D

superklye
01-26-05, 11:37 PM
How much have they already spent leasing the Quake 2 engine, then the Unreal Engine and now this? I wouldn't put it past them...not one bit.

SH64
01-26-05, 11:51 PM
Heh, for those interested, here's a link to the 2001 trailer of the game. It actually looks pretty nice to be honest. Besides, you owe it to yourself to see the ONLY material that will probably ever be released for the game. That way when you're old and your grandkids ask you what Duke Nukem Forever was, you can tell them about the day you saw it in action for the first, and last, time :p

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=1064&type=wmv

Didnt see that vid before , it looks nice still . with that graphics/gameplay it would 've been smashing if it got released back in 2001 :(

msxyz
01-27-05, 03:23 AM
Ok, here is George Broussard's answer in the official forums:

All I will say is that nobody outside the walls of this office has any idea what we are planning or not planning to do. As always, unless you hear something directly from us, you'd be wise to take it with a truckload of salt

Raptorman
01-27-05, 09:07 AM
Sounds like some 3D Realms BS to me. They'll probably pull out right before E3 for "technical difficulties". Who knows though, I won't believe anything about DNF til I see it.

BioHazZarD
01-27-05, 10:05 AM
Daikatana here aswell i hope they will not show the game and just STFU and work on teh game and 3-4 months before release then reveal some information.

msxyz
01-27-05, 12:37 PM
3DRealms made the mistake of announcing the game once... err twice, but then deciding to scrap and restart from scratch. Apparently this has happened a third time at the beginning of 2003. Surely, as indipendent software developers, they can afford this but if they didn't announce Duke Nukem Forever in the first place so early nobody would have complained.

Scott Miller and George Broussard have been in the biz for quite a long time (both as developers and producers), probably more than any other developer still active. I'm sure they had plenty of reasons to risk their public image and go back to the drawing board instead of publishing whatever they had made so far.

|MaguS|
01-27-05, 12:54 PM
Well if its there, I can't wait to see it! Just got my E3 Confirmation email, weeee! Im giddy like a school girl right now. Teehehe

jAkUp
01-27-05, 01:19 PM
Well if its there, I can't wait to see it! Just got my E3 Confirmation email, weeee! Im giddy like a school girl right now. Teehehe

Really? hehe maybe I will see you there ;)

|MaguS|
01-27-05, 01:36 PM
I will probably be wearing my EGBT T-Shirt and Hat. :)

lowdog
01-28-05, 03:35 AM
Jeez, havent you guys figured it out YET!!!

3D Realms intended this right from the start.....it's a satire - "Duke Nukem Forever"........read the title, it's all there.......the more time goes on the harder they (3D Realms crew) will be splitting their sides with laughter everytime they see the "Duke Nukem Forever" title bandied about. :rolleyes:

Keep reincarnating guys but you won't see this title in this yuga. ;)