PDA

View Full Version : Question for standard package HL2 owners...

superklye
01-27-05, 12:53 AM
So that means you bought the version with either Gordon, Alyx or the G-man on the cover or the Bronze Steam package...not the CE, not the Gold or Silver packages.

Do you guys have "Day of Defeat: Source" under "Coming soon"?

WeReWoLf
01-27-05, 01:15 AM
It is under coming soon, but not to get. Maybe i will have to register my CE that's not yet been opened.

superklye
01-27-05, 02:50 AM
Hmm...I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, us CE/Silver/Gold owners were going to get it, but I really think VALVe is going to make us pay, making this POS CE even more of a POS.

nutcrackr
01-27-05, 04:07 AM
Silver and Gold users do get DOD:S

Bronze, Standard Retail and CE Retail do not and must pay for it.

Rakeesh
01-27-05, 11:31 AM
You know, I am tired of seeing dod:s and hl:s sitting up there on the damn menu. Anybody know how to make those disappear?

superklye
01-27-05, 11:48 AM
That is complete and utter BS that the $80 CE does not get DoD:S for free. It's already the crappiest CE ever made (and probably the most overpriced) and we don't even get DoD:S to help compensate. Wow. I hate VALVe.

CaptNKILL
01-27-05, 12:06 PM
That is complete and utter BS that the $80 CE does not get DoD:S for free. It's already the crappiest CE ever made (and probably the most overpriced) and we don't even get DoD:S to help compensate. Wow. I hate VALVe.
Let the Warez-ing begin! :D

j\k :o

superklye
01-27-05, 12:23 PM
Heh...yes...j/k.... :bleh:

WeReWoLf
01-27-05, 05:32 PM
No DOD:S? Utter Ass! So i pretty much bought the CE for nuthin? (Don't say yes, i know that's what i bought it for, but i opened and installed it last night in the hopes that i might get DOD:S). F*cking money grubbin ass monkey's over at valve.

aAv7
01-27-05, 05:47 PM
No DOD:S? Utter Ass! So i pretty much bought the CE for nuthin? (Don't say yes, i know that's what i bought it for, but i opened and installed it last night in the hopes that i might get DOD:S). F*cking money grubbin ass monkey's over at valve.

owned. valve said... :nutkick:

That's b.s man. I almost bought the CE, had it in my hands with the HL2 Rasing the Bar book comfortably under my arm, ready to be purchased. I'm so glad I copped out for the regular edition. When dod:s comes Mirc is your friend :bleh:

nutcrackr
01-27-05, 06:37 PM
I am sure you guys were on the net in the month leading up to the release in which time they released exactly what would be in the packages. Why has it taken you this long to get angry? I don't believe Valve can release it for free since Activision is in charge of DOD:S and it's distribution.

stncttr908
01-27-05, 06:37 PM
If people can afford $90 for a PC game I'm pretty sure you can afford another $9.95 for DoD:S. ;)

superklye
01-27-05, 06:59 PM
If people can afford $90 for a PC game I'm pretty sure you can afford another $9.95 for DoD:S. ;)
That's not the point. I already paid $80 and have gotten nothing extra over the standard edition besides HL:S, which honestly, who cares? It was a half-assed attempt at a bonus feature.

nutcrackr
01-27-05, 09:25 PM
So why did you buy it then?

superklye
01-27-05, 09:59 PM
Because I didn't know it was going to suck as much as it does and I got 20% off.

WeReWoLf
01-27-05, 10:48 PM
ur lucky. i bought the bronze version from steam ($90 AUD) and the CE from Harvey Norman for $150. So basically i payed the extra $70 for HL1 which i already own.

nutcrackr
01-27-05, 11:50 PM
Why did you buy two copies? Wanted the shirt or the Prima book sampler?

WeReWoLf
01-28-05, 12:28 AM
i bought one through steam so i could review it thoroughly and entirely for the mag i moonlight for (i got reimbursed, but still got to keep it) and i got the CE coz i didn't wanna open it. i thought it would be a true CE if it was unopened, so years down the track i could sell it for a small bundle. But the talk of DOD2 got me interested, so i opened it, and set up the account. Then i found out that DOD2 is coming to Steam downloaded Gold editions only.

aAv7
01-28-05, 02:17 PM
So why did you buy it then?

lol, dude, let up on the guy, he got sucker'd by valve, that's enough "learning his lesson" we all make mistakes. :D

MustangSVT
01-28-05, 09:16 PM
I have the retail collector's edition and DoD:Source is under "Coming Soon". I'm assuming that I'll be able to play it once it comes out. If not, then that's too bad. I'm not looking forward to it anyway. I'd rather play something actually new like Brothers in Arms.

nutcrackr
01-28-05, 11:34 PM
lol, dude, let up on the guy, he got sucker'd by valve, that's enough "learning his lesson" we all make mistakes. :D
I'll try :D

I love silver :clap: