PDA

View Full Version : ShaderPerf Tool for Forceware 71.80

Pages : [1] 2 3

Superfly
01-27-05, 04:09 AM
New updated version of this shader performance tool is on NVD, its meant for Forceware version 71.80 or higher.

30.9mb.

Linkage: http://developer.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Cant link you to NVD but the above will tell you all about it.

Hase1
01-27-05, 04:33 AM
Yeah and can anyone supply the Driver v71.80 that its the more important question.

Superfly
01-27-05, 04:51 AM
Yeah and can anyone supply the Driver v71.80 that its the more important question.

wait and see :cool:

Superfly
01-27-05, 06:04 AM
umm info has been removed from the public site now?? - stil on NVD

Superfly
01-27-05, 07:20 AM
on an interesting note:

Microsoft.net v1.1 framework is required....................

jolle
01-27-05, 07:37 AM
for the tool? or the driver?

wEEt
01-27-05, 07:40 AM
Is this the official driver, we are waiting for? If it's not, then we'll see 71.80 soon :)

Superfly
01-27-05, 07:53 AM
for the tool? or the driver?

hard to say, only the tool is on NVD at present - will have to wait for the driver to be sure.

Electronic Punk
01-27-05, 08:45 AM
Would be nice to see some drivers appear on nvidia.com before anywhere else for once :o ;D

Superfly
01-27-05, 08:54 AM
Would be nice to see some drivers appear on nvidia.com before anywhere else for once :o ;D

lol, yeh it would make a nice change.

almost reminds me of the good 'ol days when dev's got EVERYTHING 1st.

oh well back to boring work............

saweetnesstrev
01-27-05, 11:44 AM

i know who has some,,, YOU DO! now leak leak leak!!

RanCorX2
01-27-05, 12:51 PM
whats the shaderperf tool for?

Superfly
01-27-05, 01:18 PM
exactly what it says on the tin.

its a command line tool for measuring shader performance on ALL NVIDIA GPU's.

its also included (I Think) in the FX Composer tool.

SLippe
01-27-05, 11:51 PM
Why would they advertise this if they haven't released the 71.80 driver yet? Another classic move by nvidia.

red_star
01-27-05, 11:56 PM
on an interesting note:

Microsoft.net v1.1 framework is required....................

Because the next official set will be .NET based just like ATI's CCC.
I'm talking about this since November last year when actual development started... :D

All these leaks are supposed to help out in sorting out the bugs and issues in the games in a drivers itself before they could put it into new .NET based package...

wEEt
01-28-05, 12:58 AM
red_star: sounds clear, but where do you have your information from?

SLippe
01-28-05, 10:45 AM
*crickets*

Morrow
01-28-05, 11:31 AM
Because the next official set will be .NET based just like ATI's CCC.
I'm talking about this since November last year when actual development started... :D

yes, there is no doubt that nvidia is working on .NET driver set because all drivers need to be .NET based by the time Longhorn ships but I honestly thought nvidia would quietly develop those drivers this year before releasing them to the public sometime in 2006.

Guess we have to deal with wasted memory and CPU ressources much like ATI users pretty soon...

Red_Shift
01-28-05, 11:39 AM
If they do like ATi, you can allways use the non .net1.1 based version.
Someone leak 71.80s, I think these no longer have the HL2 yellow water bug.

jolle
01-28-05, 12:39 PM
yes, there is no doubt that nvidia is working on .NET driver set because all drivers need to be .NET based by the time Longhorn ships but I honestly thought nvidia would quietly develop those drivers this year before releasing them to the public sometime in 2006.

Guess we have to deal with wasted memory and CPU ressources much like ATI users pretty soon...

You sure you really HAVE to make a CP in .NET very memory and CPU heavy?
It was the company that did Windows Media player 9 interface that did the ATI .NET CP, and it is pretty loaded up with stuff, some I found unecessary...
I heard Matrox old .NET CP for Parhelia wasnt that intesive..

I expect that you CAN make a light CP that doesnt have alot of OpenGL preview windows and heavy graphics in it..
Question is if they will do that.. some like the "bling bling" of skins and themes and such.. ( I for one dont tho hehe)

NaitoSan
01-28-05, 01:31 PM
well guys, i can tell you (i'm ati user too) and uses ccc, it's not like that, it doesn't use much cpu. don't assume please- ati has improved alot since first release.

OWA
01-28-05, 01:39 PM
If we have to have a .NET based CP, I just hope they're able to improve on the startup time. If it takes as long to start as ATI's CCC, I'm not going to be very happy. :( So, while I don't doubt you red_star, I am hoping you're wrong about this. :) Anyone know of any .NET based programs or utilities that actually start fast and are fairly efficient. I just want to have something other than ATI's CCC to go by.

wEEt
01-28-05, 01:52 PM
I don't think, 71.80 will be leaked. My guess is that it is the official set we're gonna see soon. Someone told me that this shader performance tool was always released with official drivers. Let's hope, it's the same this time!

Superfly
01-28-05, 02:00 PM
I don't think, 71.80 will be leaked. My guess is that it is the official set we're gonna see soon. Someone told me that this shader performance tool was always released with official drivers. Let's hope, it's the same this time!

Your right on both accounts:

1/ 71.80 won't leak or at least its highly unlikely - it's going to be an official release.

2/ The ShaderPerf tool is always based off an official release, the last version was built for Forceware 66.93.

If im wrong on either of the above then I will eat my shorts and post piccy's of the event right here!!!! ;)

wEEt
01-28-05, 02:10 PM
So if 71.80 is meant for an official release, then the driver should already be finished...I guess. Everything else would be stupid...I guess ;)
Fly, you have an idea when our baby comes for us?