PDA

View Full Version : Driver 3 PC Info

jAkUp
01-27-05, 01:25 PM
Following the massively successful console version, Driv3r for the personal computer features an all new level exclusive to the PC release. The level is set between 'Gators Yacht' and 'Trapped' and is called 'The Hit'. It features an assassination attempt on Tanner and a tense, hot pursuit which makes the most of Miami's waterfront location and the variety of vehicles it calls for. The PC version will also see additions in other areas including for the first time the full 12 minute long DRIV3R 'making of' movie.
Atari has worked very closely with NVIDIA on DRIV3R for the PC to ensure the game is fully tested and tailored to support NVIDIA graphics cards, with NVIDIA providing additional after-sales technical support.

This was one of the games that was supposed to support SM3.0... so I guess we will see soon :)

Nitz Walsh
01-27-05, 01:53 PM
This was one of the games that was supposed to support SM3.0... so I guess we will see soon :)
They'll need more than a few extra levels to make it worthwhile. The console releases were panned, and not necessarily due to anything technical - the gameplay is apparently one big yawn.

Glad to see the PC version is still alive at least. I'll try the demo, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Now, PSI-Ops PC version - that's the console port I'm waiting for!

SH64
01-27-05, 02:25 PM
Following the massively successful console version

:lol2:

Mr_LoL
01-27-05, 02:26 PM
I am looking forward to this. Cant wait. Driver 1 on the playstation was one of my favourite games ever. That last level was solid though

sytaylor
01-27-05, 02:45 PM
:lol2:

QFT

jAkUp
01-27-05, 04:08 PM
Being successful doesnt mean it has to be good :) The game sold well on consoles.

WeReWoLf
01-27-05, 04:28 PM
yah. then it made an absolute killing in resales. Driver 1 for PS1 wasn't too bad, i reckon it was better for PC. Driver 2 just majorly sucked balls. Haven't played Drive 3 coz i was afraid of what they had done.

aAv7
01-27-05, 04:39 PM
never undetstood the driver craze, hated the game(s)

circuitbreaker8
01-27-05, 05:48 PM
Driver 1 was great...2 & 3 suck

sytaylor
01-28-05, 02:59 AM
Being successful doesnt mean it has to be good :) The game sold well on consoles.

Really? I figured it was as much as any big name realease at the time, hardly set the world on fire. On a similar level to "The Getaway", big name, reasonable numbers but nothing GTA or GT like

MustangSVT
01-28-05, 11:50 AM
Hrm, Driv3r made success on consoles? I don't know anyone who bought it. On the other hand, I hear about GTA San Andreas all the time. I'm not that gullible to fall for their PR. It got scores of like 60% from review sites, so my expectations aren't high.

Though, I through Driver 1 back in 2000 was friggin awesome, I loved that game. Driver 2 was only for PS1 and I played it on emulator, but it wasn't like 1 and was pretty craptastic. I had high expectations for Driv3r, but after seeing the console versions given low scores because it's nowhere near on-par with games like GTA and the Getaway, well :( .

SH64
01-28-05, 04:30 PM
Yup i dont care about how many units it sold .. most review sites are giving it negative reviews & i didnt find any of my friends interested in it as most of them do with GTA:SA .

hows the PC version getting improved over the console is what i care about now & esp in the controls & graphics departments .

Mr_LoL
01-28-05, 07:30 PM
Hrm, Driv3r made success on consoles? I don't know anyone who bought it. On the other hand, I hear about GTA San Andreas all the time. I'm not that gullible to fall for their PR. It got scores of like 60% from review sites, so my expectations aren't high.

Though, I through Driver 1 back in 2000 was friggin awesome, I loved that game. Driver 2 was only for PS1 and I played it on emulator, but it wasn't like 1 and was pretty craptastic. I had high expectations for Driv3r, but after seeing the console versions given low scores because it's nowhere near on-par with games like GTA and the Getaway, well :( .

I bet if gta and the getaway which is ****ney crap in my opinion were never released, driver 3 would have got higher scores. Gta raised the bar so much so that reflections couldnt compete. Driver 3 was supposed to come out in December 2002 but was delayed till june 2003 i think. Reflections must have been doing a lot of headscratching after playing vice city thinking "this game is much better than ours" Hence that six month delay was probably just headscratching

MustangSVT
01-28-05, 08:13 PM
I bet if gta and the getaway which is ****ney crap in my opinion were never released, driver 3 would have got higher scores.
Yea, well according to the majority of people, they're not ****ney crap, hence Driv3r sucks. Sorry, no offense meant, but that's the cold truth. :thumbdwn:

Mr_LoL
01-31-05, 06:06 PM
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_driv3r_videos.html
some videos on nzone. :D

Mr_LoL
01-31-05, 06:07 PM
Oh cheers those links are dead :thumbdwn:

jAkUp
01-31-05, 06:11 PM
Damn :( I'll keep trying

Mr_LoL
01-31-05, 06:18 PM
i bought driver 1 for a quid today man that last level where you have to drive the president is solid :D I never even knew it was out on the pc till today :)

jAkUp
01-31-05, 06:22 PM
Yea I remember playing Driver 1 way back when, I would play that game for hours. Still one of my favorite games of all times, hubcaps flying off when turning too fast? Classic. :)

Geordan
01-31-05, 07:25 PM
Driver 1 is still an amazing experience. I can't get the friggin sound to work on mine though and the wicked music is what makes it soooo cool!! Stupid windows xp.

I just want a really cool chase game set to 70's ghetto jazz grooves. I'm really really hoping this game pulls through, I want what it should be sooooo badly. GTA is fun, but the car chase experience stinks. Bullitt or Vanishing Point quality car chases have yet to be created in video games. I poo myself just thinking about the possibilities.

-Geordan

jAkUp
01-31-05, 09:13 PM
Yea I loved creating chases, then making my own movies of the carnage from different angles :)

WeReWoLf
01-31-05, 09:26 PM
Imagine if Flatout had included a chase scenario... racing throughout a city tryin to lose the cops, cars left, right and centre and utter carnage ensuing... Damn that sounds like fun.