PDA

View Full Version : Ghost monitor on all drivers higher than 66.93

LineNoise
01-28-05, 08:11 AM
Got a little bit of a problem that I'd like to get sorted if possible.

If I run any driver other then the 66.93s on my SLI rig I can't turn SLI on (or even get to the screen with the option to turn it on) because a ghost monitor appears on the second graphics card.

I've seen people mention this problem before and I've been told to switch to VGA but that didn't appear to work for me (also it's a major pain as the two VGA inputs on the monitor are already being used).

My system is:
A8N-SLI
1GB Corsair PC3200C2 TwinX
2 x XFX 6800 GTs at stock clocks
Powerstream 600W PSU
Sony SDM-P234 23" LCD

My OS is Windows 2003 and I realise that could be the cause but seeing as I've heard of people with XP having the same problem I was hoping someone might know a solution.

saturnotaku
01-28-05, 09:06 AM
You can delete the extra monitor entries in device manager without any problems. Just right click on the "default monitor" entry, hit uninstall and you're done.

LineNoise
01-28-05, 09:07 AM
Done that. Won't bring the SLI tab up still and when you reboot the monitor is back.

NuBee
01-28-05, 11:56 AM
Only ONE? I discovered yesterday 4(FOUR!!! :eek: ) of them (all "Standardmonitor") and I don't have SLI. I also unistalled them but they were back again (four!) after booting :mad: .My System:

Athlon 64 (3500) on Asus A8V Deluxe
19" Sony Monitor (no LCD)-usualy on 1280x1024-85hz
2x512mb Dual Channel DDR (Corsair)
GForce 6800GT (Point of view)
Sound:Audigy2 Platinum EX
2x120GB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs on RAID-0
Power:480w from Tagan
WindowsXPSP2

Darkoz
01-28-05, 01:18 PM
Same here, uninstalled the extra 4 "default monitors" but they just reappear after you re-boot.
I found the registry enties for them but the registry won't let you delete them.

saturnotaku
01-28-05, 01:28 PM
I found the registry enties for them but the registry won't let you delete them.

Yes it can, you just have to change the permissions setting to do it. Right click on the main tree of the folder you want to delete, select permissions, then check the box that says full control for your user account. Then you can delete them.

Darkoz
01-28-05, 09:15 PM
Yes it can, you just have to change the permissions setting to do it. Right click on the main tree of the folder you want to delete, select permissions, then check the box that says full control for your user account. Then you can delete them.

Thanks for the tip saturntaku, was able to delete the registry entries but, when I re-booted the 4 extra monitos still re-appeared again in Device Manager.....

Acid Rain
01-30-05, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the tip saturntaku, was able to delete the registry entries but, when I re-booted the 4 extra monitos still re-appeared again in Device Manager.....
I am getting this with the 67.66 betas, and the monitors do reappear on bootup, however, there seems to be no detrimental impact as performance and fuctionality are not hurt.

I just ignore them now.