PDA

View Full Version : Question about power usage relating to Shuttle XPCs

Ninjaman09
01-31-05, 11:17 AM
I've decided to swap out my behemoth tower+Koolance system for a Shuttle XPC, and I plan to use my 6800GT with it. I've read from several review sites and some users that the XPC's 240W PSU is quite capable of handling the card, even with a sound card and 2 hard drives. I was wondering if any of you had experience enough to comment? I'd like transfer the processor, both hard drives, video card, sound card, and my CD-RW drive to the Shuttle case.

GamerGuyX
01-31-05, 03:52 PM
I've decided to swap out my behemoth tower+Koolance system for a Shuttle XPC, and I plan to use my 6800GT with it. I've read from several review sites and some users that the XPC's 240W PSU is quite capable of handling the card, even with a sound card and 2 hard drives. I was wondering if any of you had experience enough to comment? I'd like transfer the processor, both hard drives, video card, sound card, and my CD-RW drive to the Shuttle case.

Yes people have indeed gotten ALL of that in their Shuttle's and had it work perfectly. I suggest going to Sudhian (http://forums.sudhian.com/categories.aspx?catid=43&forumid=1) if you have any other qustions about SFF PC's if you can't get them answered here.

EDIT: Oh and yes I use to own a SFF PC.

Ninjaman09
01-31-05, 04:54 PM
Awesome, that's all I needed to know! And thanks for the link. :D

jAkUp
02-01-05, 03:34 AM
Yes SFF Pc's usually have low overall wattage, but they can pump out the volts on the +12v rail... My GF has a SFF, and I think it does like 18A on the 12V rail :) Not bad at all.