Hello

I am getting this system..

AMD64 3000+ s939

MotherBoard
-Chaintech nforce4U (PCI-E)
-MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce 3 (AGP)

with a regular 6800 and i Want to unlock/mod this 6800 to GT either Ultra

But i have been told that the 6800 PCI-E interface "CANT" unlock pipes/MOD
especially with the MSI 6800 PCI-E 256mb.

Could you let me know if this is true??this means i have to get the AGP instead??? Because i actually want THE PCI-E interface for the future upgrading! I cant decide please help me!!

THANK YOU

mustrum
02-01-05, 04:10 AM
You're talking about a PCI-E graphics card you wanna fit on a AGP motherboard?
You will need a hammer to get this card into that AGP slot. :p

todorov
02-01-05, 04:22 AM
You're talking about a PCI-E graphics card you wanna fit on a AGP motherboard?
You will need a hammer to get this card into that AGP slot. :p

no lol

I want my system to be the PCi-E interface and I WANT to MOD and unlock my 6800 to GT either Ultra but the problem is that i have been told by somebody(not here) that "the 6800 PCI-E interface can not be unlocked/modded"

So i want to know if that sentence is true? if it is, then i will have to buy the AGP MOBO and 6800 AGP instead?

thank you

mustrum
02-01-05, 04:41 AM
no lol

I want my system to be the PCi-E interface and I WANT to MOD and unlock my 6800 to GT either Ultra but the problem is that i have been told by somebody(not here) that "the 6800 PCI-E interface can not be unlocked/modded"

So i want to know if that sentence is true? if it is, then i will have to buy the AGP MOBO and 6800 AGP instead?

thank you

Why did you mention the K8N Neo2 AGP board then?
And no you can't mod PCI-E 6800's. The use the NV41 wich only has 3 quads. No unlocking of a 4th quad possible.

saturnotaku
02-01-05, 05:22 AM

That is true, however there is no guarantee that the card you receive will be able to unlock at all. Actually, the overall probability of success is still 50% or less. The only guarantee is if you purchase a real 6800 GT.