PDA

View Full Version : SLI and dual monitors, second monitor doesn't work

karmadharma
02-01-05, 12:37 PM
Is this a known problem for SLI? During bootup both monitors (connected to the topmost 6800GT) are fine (I see the XP 'loading' screen with the bar moving back & forth) but as soon as XP gets to the login page the second monitor goes into power saving and that's it.

When checking display properties only one monitor shows as attached: I don't care about using this in games, but I am kind of used to programming etc. with two monitors and I'd like to get this to work without having to stick in a PCI video card (like I did in my old box).

superklye
02-01-05, 07:28 PM
Do you have SLi mode enabled? From what I understand, when SLi is on, it's single monitor only.

jAkUp
02-01-05, 07:33 PM
It says right there as soon as you enable SLI you will lose a monitor. SLI does not support dual monitors yet.

karmadharma
02-03-05, 01:34 PM
It says right there as soon as you enable SLI you will lose a monitor. SLI does not support dual monitors yet.

ah, thanks, I didn't notice that. I do think this disabling extends to more than the nvidia cards, though, as I installed a PCI matrox millennium card in my case (had it in my old one to drive the second monitor) and as soon as I click on 'extend the desktop to this monitor' and reboot XP freezes on boot with a blank screen.

Hopefully nvidia will fix the issue soon.