PDA

View Full Version : EQ2: Perfect Patch?

|MaguS|
02-01-05, 02:17 PM
Man, todays patch was HUGE and did so many fixes and additions that my head is still spinning. Best of all, I noticed one thing that they did not mention in the Patch Msg is that now your have storage in your apartment! Enter your Apt and click on the door, look near exit Apt! On my single room Apt, I have 2 slots. Im guessing with larger rooms you get more slots.

With the graphic changes (SK Horse is now Black, Monk AQ Armor is nolonger Pink and more changes) and all the bug and gameplay changes, I can't find anything negative in it.

Its really a great patch... SOE really did an awsome job.

/emote waits for SOE Haters to bring up something to complain about

monkeydust
02-01-05, 02:30 PM
Why can't you just store stuff wherever you want like in SWG?

|MaguS|
02-01-05, 02:34 PM
Becasue without limit people can horde everything. Limited space creates a need to keep the economy moving by selling to players, destroying the items or selling to merchants. It keeps the economy from flooding, look at SWG you can buy everything and anything at any given time.

nrdstrm
02-01-05, 02:53 PM
Woot! Gonna check out the extra storage in my house on my lunch :) Thanks for the heads up egbtmagus!
Dmode

Mullins1060
02-01-05, 05:13 PM
hmm i wonder why they didnt put that storage info in the patch notes, i presume u can put a strong box in those storage slots to give u more storage space?

im still getting the heavy stuttering on water areas though.

ChrisRay
02-01-05, 05:15 PM
SK horse is black? Hopefully they didnt make it prissy like Paladin horse. Oh god save me from that!

nrdstrm
02-01-05, 06:10 PM
Hmmm...I looked in my one room apartment and don't see any "slots" to put stuff....Am I just looking in the wrong place?
Thanks,
Nrdstrm

|MaguS|
02-01-05, 09:54 PM
Chris, It still has the smae look. It's just now black with dark grey hair.

ChrisRay
02-01-05, 10:03 PM
Chris, It still has the smae look. It's just now black with dark grey hair.

Ya I logged in. Looks like red mane now though. pretty awesome. That + 71.80 driveres supporting SLI. I'm a happy camper for EQ 2 right now.

|MaguS|
02-01-05, 10:42 PM
Heres a shot of the vault in the house...

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/1897/eq20000166uq.th.jpg (http://img10.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img10&image=eq20000166uq.jpg)
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting (http://www.imageshack.us)

Ghosthunter
02-02-05, 07:20 AM
yeah i think the vaults rock...buy was dissapointed that my 19g luxury house in QH, only has 2 like the one room appt..we should at least get 3 for paying for more...

but still i am fairly impressed with the patch...but most impressed no major issues with it like the last one

Anker Steadfast
02-02-05, 09:43 AM
but most impressed no major issues with it like the last one

......... yet. :p

Sorrow
02-02-05, 10:11 AM
Armor differientation isn't any better, people that looked just like me before look just like me now, but with new lame looking armor, but still look like me nonetheless. I still lag with my 6800GT and there are still mem leaks....

bmg
02-02-05, 11:17 AM
SK horse is black? Hopefully they didnt make it prissy like Paladin horse. Oh god save me from that!
Hey now! I love my horse.

I have to admit that the SK's horse does look cool though.

saweetnesstrev
02-02-05, 01:23 PM
FREE Ipods: Click Here! ,,, no advertising plz :(

|MaguS|
02-02-05, 01:41 PM
Not spamming the forum or forcing you to click the link. Its a signature... Works btw ^_^

Blacklash
02-03-05, 05:33 AM
Nothing is quite as funny to me as a gnome or any other shorty on a horse.

EQ 2 has been improving and unfortunately I am already bored again with MMORPGs like it. Guess I will fall back on FPS for awhile.

|MaguS|
02-03-05, 05:52 AM
I've learned not to burn myself out, I play about 4 to 5 hours a day at max, even on my days off. I've been playing slow, only lvl 25 since launch.

ChrisRay
02-03-05, 05:58 AM
Hey now! I love my horse.

I have to admit that the SK's horse does look cool though.

I'm sorry.. did I insult your cinderella horse? :cool:

Sorrow
02-03-05, 08:28 AM
I got for about 10min, then I realized it's as boring as it was before, maybe when more raid content comes out. Yes yes, I know; EVEN EQ1 only had a few mobs to raid at the beginning. So as my 43 warden waits for more stuff, and maybe better xp on quests would be nice, I'll be trying to get 36 today on my rogue on WoW hehe. If one MMORPG falls, I'll have a high level in the other, that's the game plan!!

PeterJensen
02-03-05, 08:31 AM
I also play like 3-4 hours on work days and maybe a little more in the weekends. Im only a level 11 Priest and i having the best fun in anny MMORPG yet. I have met about 5 people that i play with often, even 1 from canada :)
I also played the WoW EU beta and i think EQ2 beats it with no doubt. I like the more realistic look of EQ2 and the amazing weapon and armor detail.

Sorrow
02-03-05, 08:57 AM
I also play like 3-4 hours on work days and maybe a little more in the weekends. Im only a level 11 Priest and i having the best fun in anny MMORPG yet. I have met about 5 people that i play with often, even 1 from canada :)
I also played the WoW EU beta and i think EQ2 beats it with no doubt. I like the more realistic look of EQ2 and the amazing weapon and armor detail.

I'm going to make a 180 really fast on my views of EQ2, yes I've tried to back-up EQ2's graphics and gameplay, but I was really biased back then, having played both WoW and EQ2, I feel I can speak out.

EQ2's armor IS detailed, very detailed. Some quite pretty. But, everything looks the same; yea, they supposedly increased character differientation by having armor look different now, but everyone who looked the same as me before still looks the same, just with new lamer looking armor (my new armor looks like Fury Armor Quest armor you get at lvl 20!!) I used to match, but now I just look like a mess. Weapons; they are detailed, very pretty and everything, but they look the same as lower ones most of the time. Daggers look nearly the same, swords are the same way, Schimitars all look the same, flails are the same way, staves, most look the same, bows, yep.

I will Also admit that EQ2's lowbie content is amazing, it's a blast 20 under, but after that, you begin to see that EQ2 is a grindfest, and quests are hardly worth it. Quest gear isn't all that rewarding, bar heritage quests and some major high-end group-only ones. Quest xp is horrible, doing a long quest just to find out I get a mere 1-4% xp usually (which is 1-4 blues out of 100), but almost never 4 blues, usually just like 2 or 3. The only way to get decent quest xp is to do turn ins after your vitality wears off (your quest xp doubles when it does). The quests don't have much of a story behind them, most are basically "I need a goblin ear, so go get me some" Or "These deer are eating my flowers, kill them" Quests in the beginning have nice stories behind them, whereas higher up you don't really notice a story to them at all.

I think if EQ2 can get better higher end content rather than just a grind-fest, i.e. more raid mobs, and some better quests, I think EQ2 will have a chance to be great.

What WoW does to compensate for the grindfest is PvP, and soon Battle Grounds. This is where it has the advantage for high levels, well, I'm only 34 right now...but I'll get there soon enough. Battle Grounds will reward people for winning the battle against the opposing team, which is a great idea. Hero Classes are soon also. Yes, I know EQ2 has a unique Title system to increase differientation, but that's just a title, and half the people don't wear them because they take up half the screen, and get annoying during fights.

This Patch did a lot involving the amount of quests and spell/ability fixing, but it didn't do much to relieve the pain of grinding, or making armor look any better, at least for leather-wearers like me, or the technical side of it.

I could go on about how I hate how everything feels so enclosed, even the Commonlands feels like I'm in a cage because I can see the other end of it from the end I'm at, and Enchanted Lands is just as bad, but I won't lol.

pingu2
02-03-05, 10:45 AM
yep pretty great patch!

added new zones too - i love getting new zones! best thing about the patch though was the change to the way heroic opportunities (special moves in combat where your group works together to create a move-effect-combo-thing) work, and now they are pretty cool :)

only problem with it is they nerfed agility buffs too much, rendering troubadours the least desirable class but hopefully they can modify that somehow..