PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades! A Couple of side grades Rev 2.0

ChrisRay
02-01-05, 05:14 PM
Ok, I had a defective motherboard that I got replaced today, I no longer have a Gigabyte but the known and trusted Asus A8N SLI Deluxe mainboard.

Athlon 64 3800+ @ 2.4 Ghz
Asus A8n SLI Deluxe
1 Gig DDR Dual Channel Memory
Dual Geforce 6600GT's.

So far I have been pretty impressed. The SLI setup seems rock solid. I am going to be doing a mini nvnews "Post" review later in this week regarding SLI (Single GPU verses multi GPU) I will cover so more non "usual" settings which also reflect AA settings such as 2xAA.

Ranging from gaming to synthetics. I also intend to create an unofficial SLI compatibility list now that I have got it going.

anzak
02-01-05, 08:22 PM
Wow, I've been away for a while. Nice SLI setup CR.

superklye
02-01-05, 08:30 PM
I just want to say that I love SLi and I love Penny Arcade.

WeReWoLf
02-01-05, 08:35 PM
Now you avatar either depicts your wallet, or your lack of sleep as you play away on that beast. Good luck with ur mini review CR.

jAkUp
02-01-05, 09:27 PM
Glad to see your got your SLI setup working, I've heard mixed things about that gigabyte SLI board...

ChrisRay
02-01-05, 09:50 PM
Glad to see your got your SLI setup working, I've heard mixed things about that gigabyte SLI board...

I am really liking it. I was a little aprehensive about this setup. Considering the controversy verses the 6800GT single setup. I can honestly say I dont feel like I am missing anything. As a matter of fact. I actually feel somewhat vindicated by it.