PDA

View Full Version : 6800 Ultra benching and it is drooping?

Mesce
02-01-05, 04:25 PM
okay. I set my cpu to 3.62 ghz and was ready to do some hard core benching.

*I had the rivatuner perfomance monitor running in back ground*

First I set the 6800 ultra too 473/1240 and during the first test right near the end the test froze for 1 second maybe 2 , then it resumed. I immidietly cancelled the test and went to see what the rivatuner thing said. The temperature couldnt of been better but the odd thing was where the clock frequencies were, there was a little dip in both the core frequency and the memory frequency. What could of caused this?

Then i decided to lower down too 470 and when i benched this time the first test completed fine but the half way through the second test the same thing happened again.

Could it have something to do with the droop on my cpu? Im going to up the vcore a little bit more anyway but also could the chipset/agp voltage need upping a little bit because I want the very best.

At first I thought it could be throttling but there is no reason for it too throttle temps are fine and so is power.

Any Idea's anyone?

system:

Intel Pentium4 2.8a @ 3.83ghz
3.62GHZ 24/7 Runs Very Good
Abit IC7-G
Galaxy Geforce 6800 Ultra 470/1240
1024mb G.Skill TCCD 2-2-2-5 'LC'
Thermaltake Tower 112 w/ 2 UFO fans
Aerocool Aeropower II+ Acrylic-Titanium Plated 550W
Thermaltake XaserV V8000a
3DMARK03

john19055
02-01-05, 10:43 PM
470 is pretty high for the 6800ultra some will go that high but others want,if I were you I would lower it to 450 and see if you can get though a benchmark ,then slowly raise it.upping your agp voltage is not going to help you overclock your card any more,it might make it more stable if you are haveing problems at default voltage.

latinmike
02-01-05, 10:52 PM
okay. I set my cpu to 3.62 ghz and was ready to do some hard core benching.

*I had the rivatuner perfomance monitor running in back ground*

First I set the 6800 ultra too 473/1240 and during the first test right near the end the test froze for 1 second maybe 2 , then it resumed. I immidietly cancelled the test and went to see what the rivatuner thing said. The temperature couldnt of been better but the odd thing was where the clock frequencies were, there was a little dip in both the core frequency and the memory frequency. What could of caused this?

Then i decided to lower down too 470 and when i benched this time the first test completed fine but the half way through the second test the same thing happened again.

Could it have something to do with the droop on my cpu? Im going to up the vcore a little bit more anyway but also could the chipset/agp voltage need upping a little bit because I want the very best.

At first I thought it could be throttling but there is no reason for it too throttle temps are fine and so is power.

Any Idea's anyone?

system:

Intel Pentium4 2.8a @ 3.83ghz
3.62GHZ 24/7 Runs Very Good
Abit IC7-G
Galaxy Geforce 6800 Ultra 470/1240
1024mb G.Skill TCCD 2-2-2-5 'LC'
Thermaltake Tower 112 w/ 2 UFO fans
Aerocool Aeropower II+ Acrylic-Titanium Plated 550W
Thermaltake XaserV V8000a
3DMARK03
looks like you have a cool system dont you think that you are running your card a little to hard? look I noice that benchmarking stresses out the cards -systems and the more you run those benchmarks the more and more you til the point when you fine tune it then you will see your score drop same, and after that point never the same score thats was as for me. anyway I use coolbits work good for me my card works great. :cool:

macatak
02-01-05, 11:12 PM
The maximum RivaTuner will allow me to overclock is 445/1170 (with 71.25) , anymore and it fails the test

Mesce
02-02-05, 11:26 AM
it passes the test on mine and it benches at 450 too.

Lash444
02-02-05, 03:30 PM
Here is what i do...as coolbits is full of it. It tells me that 450 is stable, but in fact it is not.

I run the nvidia temperature monitor, and then RTHDRBL. Then I open up ati tool and run its detect artifacts or whatever. This way, the cpu is obviously stressed. Be careful, on my system if you drag the ATITOOL artifact window it automatically BLUE SCREENS. Just close down that window first, and you are okay.
Anyway, I realized that i couldnt overclock as high as coolbits reported. Now I am perfectly stable, and happier for it.